No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites
These No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites are made with only 5 ingredients, vegan and gluten-free and are a perfect quick healthy breakfast or snack!
I’m currently on vacation in London! I’ll try to respond to your comments and messages but there may be a delay!
I’m a snacker. I eat smaller meals, more often, rather than large meals less often, so instead of 3 large meals, it’s more 5 smaller meals. I’d like to say that this is only because we are told to eat this way for digestion, but it’s also because I just like eating a whole lot. I would rather try ten different things then eat the same thing over and over, which is exactly why I LOVE blogging.
Being a snacker, that’s why I’m completely in love with these chocolate peanut butter energy bites. Chewy, chocolate-y, and PEANUT BUTTER. Could you ask for more?! Hello September lunch boxes!
With school season coming up, even though I’m no longer in school my brain always goes straight into that mode when thinking of recipes for my blog. It’s not even on purpose, it’s just I suddenly find myself making more snack-like items, or quick breakfasts. I’m a total weirdo, but the results are pretty rewarding.
Take these No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites. I found a formula a few years ago that I just loved for energy bites, and instead of fixing what ain’t broke, I just keep adding on to it. In this case, it was adding peanut butter to my favourite energy bites. These are seriously so good, so delicious, and so worth it. These bites are great for breakfast, snacks in lunch kits, and freeze really well. I do want you to know that the ingredients you use make a HUGE difference.
Now friends, I have a total love affair with peanut butter, but not all peanut butters are created equally. You want to use natural runny peanut butter that you need to stir for these bites. They’re not only the purest, but the tastiest and healthiest. Being a peanut butter addict, I’ve thus narrowed down my absolute favourite natural brands.
Justin’s Peanut Butter is BY far my most favourite, out of any brand I’ve ever tried. My second favourite is Wild Friends Peanut Butter because they have the BEST flavour combinations (I’m going for you Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter). I practically ate my entire jar of Chocolate Peanut Butter with a spoon. Third would be Peanut Butter & Co. They have the coolest names (Smooth Operator, The Heat is On) and some delicious blends.
Choose your ingredients wisely and it’ll make all the difference in these delicious bites.
P.S. Here are some of the items I used to make this recipe if you’d like to use them too:
| WHAT YOU’LL NEED // SHOP MY FAVORITE INGREDIENTS & PREP PRODUCTS |
If you try these No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites please let me know in the comment section below, or tag me on instagram with the hashtag #jessicainthekitchen! For more exclusive recipes follow me on Instagram AND on Snapchat: jessinkitchen.
RELATED NO BAKE RECIPES
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup cocoa/cacao powder
- Grind the oats and dates in a food processor, until a paste starts to form. Add the peanut butter, coconut flakes and cocoa powder, and mix until incorporated and the mixture begins to turn into a dough. It should be slightly sticky and very thick.
- Roll the mixture into round balls using the help of saran wrap (wrap it around the bites to form a circle), until all the mixture is finished. I use a tablespoon cookie scoop to help also.
- Place in the fridge for at least an hour to set, then enjoy!
- This recipe is raw, gluten free and vegan.
How to Store
- You can store these brownie bites in the fridge in a zipped bag or air tight tupperware container for at least 3 weeks if the dates are fresh.
How to Freeze
- These bites are great for breakfast, snacks in lunch kits and freeze very well. Just place them in a freezer safe ziplock bag until ready to use. Thaw on the counter for 30 minutes or in the fridge until ready to use.
Disclaimer: Although jessicainthekitchen.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Jessicainthekitchen.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.