Three Ways To Make Kale Chips – Salty, Spicy and Cheesy
Kale Chips are a revolutionary snack, crispy and filled with the delicious salty flavour of potato chips but are so healthy for you and packed with nutrients!
Have you ever had a revolutionary moment in your life that made you question your existence prior to it? That’s what happened to me when I found Kale Chips.
P.S. let us NOT focus on the fact that I wrote KALE as CAKE several times throughout this post and had to change it. I think it’s quite obvious that despite loving these kale chips, my brain has a one track mind.
Kale Chips is one of those snacks that will make you put away the potato chips. I know, what? What are you trying to tell me Jessica? Yes, it’s true. Beautiful springy and green kale shrinks into crunchy, flavour loaded chips. Chips that melt in your mouth and leave you wanting more. They also seem to soak up seasonings really well, totally transforming them. I love these chips!
The best part is that these for 1 cup, these chips are only 57 calories! Um, yes, 57 calories.
Can your potato chips do that? After just 10 minutes of baking these chips are yours. I also found that if you twice baked them (aka you took pictures of them whilst trying not to eat the props at the same time) that is to remove them then reheat for 5 minutes, they remain crispy for the rest of the day. Or at least for three hours; once Mr. Jessiker Bakes found them that was that.
Not that there was much left for him…
Three Ways To Make Kale Chips - Salty, Spicy and Cheesy
- 1 bunch of kale chips, washed and dried (about 2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil/cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of vegan parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Washing The Kale and Removing From The Stems
- Wash the Kale and you can dry in a salad spinner if you have one, or with a paper towel.
- Strip from the stem and break the kale into pieces.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and spread the kale out over it.
- Either spray the kale with cooking spray or toss with oil (I find spraying the chips easier).
- Sprinkle all of the kale with salt, which is the base.
- If you want to also make spicy chips and cheesy chips, divide chips into three sections.
- Sprinkle one section with pepper, and the other section with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake the chips for 8-10 minutes. Enjoy immediately!
Disclaimer: Although jessicainthekitchen.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Jessicainthekitchen.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.
I love kale chips!! They are so tasty and you can save so much money when you make them at home! They are so expensive when you buy them at the store! Hope that you have a great weekend 🙂
I keep seeing kale chips all over the internet and I still haven’t got round to try them uuuugh. I need to do so, of course. They look like the most perfect snack ever, and the parmesan addition is flawless oh yes!
TRY THEM NOW!! They’re so easy to make and so delicious!
I hate green veggies, but I love kale chips! Yours look delicious -grabs some-
Haha thanks Krystle! 🙂 You can have some, but they go quickly!!
Sooooooo good! Heaven in my mouth <3
Tried these tonight – they were so delicious!! Thanks again for the recipe.
Thank you for your kind words Keva! We are delighted that you read and tried the recipe!