Best Green Smoothie (4 Ingredients)
This Tropical Vegan Green Smoothie is 4 ingredients, tasty and one of my favourite quick and easy green smoothies – loaded with spinach, pineapples, orange juice and bananas. It’s only 255 calories and is deliciously smooth!
My Best Green Smoothie
If you’re a regular visitor at Jessica in the Kitchen, you know my focus 24/7, 365 days of the year is on nutritious food so there’ll be lots of options throughout the entire year!
Since we’re in January, although it’s a little cliche, I wanted to start off the new year with one of my favourite smoothies and favourite ways to kick your body into gear with the right nutrition – a tropical green smoothie!
Notes on the Ingredients
With only 4 ingredients (and easy ones to find, at that), this smoothie can be whipped up at pretty much any time of the year.
- Pineapples – adds body, fibre and a burst of freshness to the smoothie. I recommend using fresh pineapples over canned. You could also use frozen pineapples. Pineapples are an excellent of vitamin C.
- Fresh Spinach – This may be swapped with kale if desired, but spinach is my #1 choice for this because of how well it blends together. It also gives it that beautiful green colour. They both offer ample amounts of Vitamin K, Vitamin A and Vitamin C.
- Chopped Bananas – Bananas in this smoothie help to keep you full and add a natural sweetness, so you don’t need to add any sugar to this smoothie. As we all know about bananas, they’re high in, say it with me – Potassium!
- Fresh Orange Juice – This also adds a touch of sweetness to the smoothie. I recommend choosing oranges that are more on the sweet side than tart. Oranges are also a great source of vitamin C. You can choose to juice them freshly or buy orange juice.
How to Make a Green Smoothie – Step by Step
Add the pineapples, spinach, bananas and orange juice to a high powered blender.
Blend it all together until smooth, pausing to scrape down sides if needed. Done! I recommend drinking this immediately. However, this will last in your fridge for a maximum of two days.
Expert Tips & Serving Suggestions
As you can see this smoothie is already quite easy to make. Here are some tips to make it even easier!
- I highly recommend using fresh or frozen versions of these fruits over canned versions. It’ll yield the best taste.
- If you want to meal prep this, you can freeze all of the ingredients (except the orange juice) and store them in a freezer-safe zipped bag. This also helps in preserving the nutrients in the ingredients.
- Pre-portion each smoothie in its own reusable container so all you have to do is pour all ingredients in the blender and turn it on.
- I used spinach for mine, but you could easily substitute kale if you want. I would recommend blanching the kale for one minute first to its easier to digest and blend in the smoothie.
- If you’ve just finished a killer workout you can also add a scoop of protein powder. This will keep you full for longer.
- You can customise these to your liking. Feel free to add in chia seeds, flax seeds, more fruit, coconut shreds, berries, or anything else to your liking!
Enjoy friends! If you make this Best Green Smoothie (4 Ingredients), please snap a photo and tag #jessicainthekitchen on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
The Best Green Smoothie
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped or cubed
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed and stems removed
- 2 small frozen bananas, whole
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Add the pineapples, spinach, bananas and orange juice to a high powered blender. Blend it all together until smooth, pausing to scrape down sides if needed.
- Serve and enjoy! This smoothie will last in your fridge for up to 2 days.
Disclaimer: Although jessicainthekitchen.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Jessicainthekitchen.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.
Happy New Year! I am such a big fan of green smoothies. I seriously have at least 5-6 a week! This is a fantastic recipe that I can’t wait to try. I love the pineapple flavor in this.
Thanks Jocelyn! Seriously love green smoothies too!
This looks great – I love the addition of pineapple! Happy New Year 🙂
Thank you!! Happy New Year!
You can’t go wrong with a green smoothie in my opinion. It’s the next way to start the new year.
So true! Happy 2015 Dannii!
I couldn’t think of a more empowering way to start the New Year!!! I love green juices (and smoothies)!!
Cheers to a brand new year!
Thanks Tammy! Happy New Year!
I love how quick and easy this smoothie is to make! Pineapples are one of my favorite add-ins to smoothies, especially with mango!
This looks amazing!! So fresh and delicious! Perf way to start a healthy new year!! Happy 2015! 🙂
Thanks Cailee! Happy 2015!
Gorgeous smoothie! This sounds delicious! And that bright green color … gets me every time!
Happy New Year, Jess! This has got to be the perfect green smoothie! All of my favorites are here for a tasty, nutrient-rich sip. Thanks for sharing, girl. I will definitely be making this one and pinning it! 🙂
Thanks so much Stacy! Happy New Year!
Perfect way to start of the new year! HELL YEAH! Good going Jessica!
Perfect smoothie to get back on track after all the holiday madness! Wish you a very Happy 2015 Jessica! 🙂