Strawberry Cream Pie
Fluffy, cool strawberry cream pie is the quintessential summer dessert! Best of all, it’s easy to whip up and you don’t even need to turn on the oven, so it’s ideal for hot, humid days.
Strawberry cream pie is the no-bake dessert we all need for summer entertaining!
It features a delectable combination of sweet berries, a rich cheesecake-like filling, and a light layer of whipped cream on top—and it’s all nestled inside a flaky pie crust. Oh yes.
Whether you’re looking for something to bring to your next family picnic or simply want a delicious dessert to cap off a weeknight dinner, this strawberry cream pie is guaranteed to satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth.
Why You’ll Love This Strawberry Cream Pie Recipe
These are all the reasons I’m loving this strawberry cream pie recipe:
- It’s vegan. Hooray! Not a lot of cream pie recipes are vegan—in fact, at most stores and restaurants not any of them are. But all you need are a few simple swaps to make a strawberry cream pie that’s completely plant-based.
- It’s easy to make. With only a handful ingredients and simple instructions, you can whip up this cool, creamy, summery dessert in no time.
- It’s delicious. With the sweet flavour of ripe strawberries, rich and creamy texture, and flaky crust, you won’t be able to resist helping yourself to a second slice. (I say: go for it!)
Notes on Ingredients
Scroll down to the recipe card to find the ingredient quantities and recipe instructions.
- Vegan pie crust – Use a store-bought crust, or if you’re in the mood to turn on the oven, make my vegan pie crust or gluten-free vegan pie crust.
- Vegan cream cheese – Let this soften on the countertop before starting the recipe.
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Vegan whipped cream – Use store-bought or homemade vegan whipped cream.
- Fresh strawberries – Make sure they’re ripe and sweet—they’re the star of the show here!
- Vegan strawberry jam – A layer of jam adds sweetness and delightful jammy texture to the pie.
Which Cream Cheese Brands Are Vegan?
If you’ve never bought vegan cream cheese before, there are lots of brands on the market these days—even Philadelphia has a plant-based cream cheese now! Other options include Miyoko’s, Daiya, Violife, Tofutti, and Kite Hill.
How to Make Strawberry Cream Pie
Here’s how to whip up strawberry cream pie:
Make the cream cheese mixture. Use a hand mixer to beat the vegan cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl until smooth.
Mash the strawberries. Mash 1 cup of strawberries until they reach a chunky jam-like texture.
Finish the filling. Fold the strawberries and whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
Assemble. Pour the strawberry cream filling into the pie crust, then spread the strawberry jam in an even layer on top. Cut the remaining strawberries into halves or quarters and place them over the jam layer, followed by the remaining whipped cream.
Chill. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or up to overnight before serving.
Tips for Success
This recipe is incredibly easy to make, but here are a few simple tips to make sure your vegan strawberry cream pie turns out perfect:
- Use a cooled pie crust. If you’re baking your own pie crust for this recipe, you’ll need to let it cool completely before adding the filling.
- Let the cream cheese soften first. This will make it easier to mix with the other filling ingredients and give the pie a smoother texture.
- Be patient. Let the pie chill before slicing it. It’s hard to be patient when you’re waiting for strawberry cream pie, but if you cut it too soon, it won’t hold its shape!
For a raspberry cream pie, replace the strawberry jam and fresh strawberries with raspberry jam and fresh raspberries. You can also try making the recipe with fresh peaches and peach jam!
For a chocolate twist, add vegan chocolate chips to the filling mixture or top the pie with shavings from your favourite vegan dark chocolate bar.
How to Store
Store strawberry cream pie in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To keep it fresh, make sure it’s tightly covered with plastic wrap or aluminum foil before storing, or store individual slices in an airtight container.
Can I Freeze Strawberry Cream Pie?
You can freeze strawberry cream pie for up to 3 months. To store a whole pie, wrap it tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap; store individual slices in an airtight container. When you’re ready to enjoy, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator.
More Vegan Pie Recipes
Enjoy friends! If you make this strawberry cream pie recipe, please snap a photo and tag #jessicainthekitchen on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
Strawberry Cream Pie
- 1 vegan pie crust, baked and completely cooled
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese, softened (226 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 4 grams
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar, 42 grams
- 1 cup vegan whipped cream, 240 grams + more for optional topping
- 1 16 ounce package of fresh strawberries , (453 grams)
- ¼ cup vegan strawberry jam, 78 grams
- Add the vegan cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl and use a hand mixer to beat it until smooth.
- Mash 1 cup of strawberries into a chunky jam-like mixture and add it to the cream cheese mixture, along with the vegan whipped cream. Carefully fold all ingredients together to combine.
- Pour the strawberry cream filling into the pre-baked cooled pie crust.
- Add the strawberry jam in an even layer on top of the filling.
- Cut the remaining fresh strawberries to halves or fourths and place them on top of the filling and jam.
- Add the remaining whipped cream on top of the strawberries if preferred. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight before serving. Store leftovers in an airtight food safe container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Disclaimer: Although jessicainthekitchen.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Jessicainthekitchen.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.