What is granita made of?
First things first, granita is an Italia-style flavoured ice. Think, a fancy version of the shaved ice you used to eat as a child. This granita is like a grown up version that still tastes absolutely amazing, except without the pounds of syrup on ice. It is so incredibly refreshing, a real cooler-down in this crazy summer heat and perfect for pretty much every occasion.
How long does strawberry granita last in freezer?
- 4 cups 1lb Strawberries, stems removed and chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
- Blend the strawberries, lime juice and maple syrup/agave nectar together in a blender or food processor.
- Pour the mixture into a square 8x8 container of a 5 x 9 loaf pan. Spread it across the container and allows to freeze for at least four hours, preferably overnight. When the mixture has set, use a fork to scrape it gently to form a shaved ice texture.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Disclaimer: Although jessicainthekitchen.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Jessicainthekitchen.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.