Smashed Chickpea Avocado Sandwich (Back-to-School/Work Lunch)
This Smashed Chickpea Avocado Sandwich is loaded with so much delicious flavour! It’s super easy to meal prep and is great for back to school or work lunches!
I have been waiting to share an avocado recipe with you for some time now. What’s a more perfect way than a meal preppable, flavour loaded, sandwich? Well, avocado toast would be equally perfect and GREAT NEWS – you can make this feeling to make that too! This Smashed Chickpea Avocado Sandwich is going to be a hit for you, friends.
Let’s get down to business. To defeat the hu-…okay but seriously. This is a top class, easy to make, easy to pack and easy to eat sandwich. With back to school season here and a lot of you guys asking for easy lunches, this came immediately to mind. If you’re not going back to school? This makes an ideal work sandwich too. In fact, I have a couple sandwiches that really make the cut for great back to school sandwiches.
So what is smashed chickpea avocado? It’s chickpeas, avocado, and lots of great seasonings literally “smashed” together to create this masterpiece. It’s easily customisable so if you want to add in some spice, or some even add in some chopped onions, you definitely can. Either way, it’s still pretty easy to make. Best part? It doesn’t turn brown. I know you guys worry about that a lot with avocado. Thanks to all the lime in this recipe, it’s safe and sound and green, even up to two days later!! At the same time, since it’s avocado, I would recommend making this probably the night before you need it or even quickly in the AM (smash the other ingredients together, then add the avocado for a quick 2 minute addition). Here are my top points about this sandwich:
- easy to make (no, really)
- solves the avocado crisis (have several ripe avocados at once and can’t eat anymore guac? Try this)
- loaded with lots of great fats – will keep you full
- the chickpeas boost the protein content of this recipe – will also keep you full
- Looks so pretty!
I have nothing else to rant about here 🙂 so I’ll let you get to making this. By the way, I love to make mine into a sandwich by just adding some tomatoes, and toasted bread. I recommend if you’re packing this for lunch to use a nice thick and hearty bread. Like I mentioned earlier, you can also turn this into avocado toast the next day (or right away). One slice and you are SET.
Other Vegan Sandwiches
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW TO SEE HOW IT’S MADE!
Also, Please Subscribe to my YouTube channel for weekly cooking and recipes videos!
Smashed Chickpea Avocado Sandwich (Lunch Meal Prep)
- 1 medium sized ripe avocado
- 1 15 oz. can cooked chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of two limes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes, optional + sandwich bread and toppings (tomatoes and lettuce)
- Add all of the ingredients except the sandwich bread, lettuce and tomatoes into a bowl. Using a potato mashed, or a fork, mash them all together until combined. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Scoop some into a sandwich with your favourite toppings and enjoy! OR, enjoy as avocado toast with a little bit of balsamic vinegar on toasted bread. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Although jessicainthekitchen.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Jessicainthekitchen.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.