These Easy Quinoa Pizza Bites will satisfy your every pizza cravings. They are protein packed, delicious, and great for parties!
This might be my last Quinoa post for January (yeah right), because I think I’m all Quinoa-ed out! I’ve been eating it on the down low and I am officially adding it to my list of grains to eat endlessly.
These Quinoa Pizza Bites were such a hit! First of all, if I had my own way I would host a Super Bowl party will all of these delicious healthy stuff including of course my Cheesy Buffalo Cauliflower Wings but that would be in a perfect world…I still plan to sneak in some healthy treats without these shouting men knowing!
I will admit that I ate all of these…I managed to allow my mom to taste one. Being a huge pizza fan, I thoroughly enjoyed these. They’re perfectly chewy and like mini pizzas in a bite (duh Jessica) PLUS you get additional sauce to dip them in. I can’t get enough of pizza sauce, it’s like crack to me! I even started taking smaller bites so that I could get more pizza sauce. 🙂 . Good thing it’s healthy!
I also melted cheese on top by turning on my broiler which gave these a delicious crust. They were the perfect lunch and are so great if you are on the go. I’m trying to look more into quick lunches since on my drive home I fought off the fast food thoughts and quickly rushed to the kitchen to cook something healthy aka Whole Grain Baked Mac & Cheese.
Ah, I think I hear it beeping that it’s ready! While I go indulge in some “healthy” but delicious food, please try these! They are so good! Have an amazing weekend!
| SHOP THIS RECIPE // CLICK THE LEFT & RIGHT ARROWS TO SCROLL |
Quinoa Pizza Bites
Easy Quinoa Pizza Bites are like mini delicious and healthy pizzas, and great for Super Bowl or any parties!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese + 2 tablespoons of cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons of marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Marinara Sauce, for dipping
How to Cook the Quinoa
- Mix 1/2 cup uncooked and washed quinoa with 1 1/4 cups water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil first and then lower heat. Cook the quinoa for about 15 minutes until fluffy. You should get about 1 1/2 cups of cooked quinoa (you only need 1 cup for the recipe, so you could always make extra pizza bites or use it another time).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a 12 mini muffin tin pan.
- Mix all of the ingredients together, except the extra 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Put a tablespoon into each muffin tin, packing them in.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining 2 tablespoons of cheese. Broil for about 1 minute (please watch them, they burn easily).
- After broiling, allow to cool on a wire rack for about 15 minutes and then remove from pan.
- Serve with Marinara Sauce.
If you loved these Quinoa Pizza Bites, you’ll love these Cheesy Buffalo Cauliflower Wings!
I also know you’d love these Sun-dried Tomato and Mozzarella Quinoa Burgers!