These Easy Quinoa Pizza Bites will satisfy your every pizza cravings. They are protein packed, delicious, and great for parties!
This might be my last Quinoa post for January (yeah right), because I think I’m all Quinoa-ed out! I’ve been eating it on the down low and I am officially adding it to my list of grains to eat endlessly.
These Quinoa Pizza Bites were such a hit! First of all, if I had my own way I would host a Super Bowl party will all of these delicious healthy stuff including of course my Sticky Sesame Cauliflower Wings but that would be in a perfect world…I still plan to sneak in some healthy treats without these shouting men knowing!
I will admit that I ate all of these…my mom got one. Being a huge pizza fan, I thoroughly enjoyed these. They’re perfectly chewy and like mini pizzas in a bite (duh Jessica) PLUS you get additional sauce to dip them in. I can’t get enough of pizza sauce, it’s like crack to me! I even started taking smaller bites so that I could get more pizza sauce. 🙂 . Good thing it’s healthy! If you like these, you’ll definitely love my Cauliflower Pizza Bites too.
I also added melted cheese on top by turning on my broiler which gave these a delicious crust. They were the perfect lunch and are so great if you are on the go. I’m trying to look more into quick lunches since on my drive home I fought off the fast food thoughts and quickly rushed to the kitchen to cook something healthy aka Whole Grain Baked Mac & Cheese.
Ah, I think I hear it beeping that it’s ready! While I go indulge in some “healthy” but delicious food, please try these! They are so good! Have an amazing weekend!
| SHOP THIS RECIPE // CLICK THE LEFT & RIGHT ARROWS TO SCROLL |
1. Mix 1/2 cup uncooked and washed quinoa with 1 cup water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil first and then lower heat. Cook the quinoa for about 15 minutes until fluffy. You should get about 1 1/2 cups of cooked quinoa (you only need 1 cup for the recipe, so you could always make extra pizza bites or use it another time).
Quinoa Pizza Bites
2. Preheat oven to 400 ° F/ 205° C.
3. Grease a 12 mini muffin tin pan OR line it with parchment paper with strips over the sides. I found the parchment paper worked best for me!
4. Mix all of the ingredients together, except the extra 2 tablespoons of cheese.
5. Put a tablespoon into each muffin tin, packing them in.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and top with remaining 2 tablespoons of cheese. Broil for about 30 seconds to 1 minute (please watch them, they burn easily).
8. After broiling, allow to cool on a wire rack for about 15 minutes and then remove from pan.
Serve with Marinara Sauce. Enjoy!!
NotesHOW TO STOREThis can last for about one week in the fridge in an air-tight tupperware container . You can freeze these items and pop them in the oven to heat them up.If you’re making this for kids or you don’t like spice, the red pepper flakes can get really spicy when baked, so you can leave it out.If you try these Quinoa Pizza Bites please let me know in the comment section below, or tag me on instagram with the hashtag #jessicainthekitchen! For more exclusive recipes follow me on Instagram AND on Snapchat: jessinkitchen.