Cheesy Quinoa Casserole – 5 Ingredients
Cheesy Quinoa Casserole is made with only 5 main ingredients and takes 15 minutes to cook. It will leave you so satisfied with the combination of delicious healthy quinoa, warm melted cheese and roasted tomatoes!
Ever since discovering quinoa it’s been a staple in my fridge. Always ready to be eaten plain (which is still delicious) or in a dish. For the past two weeks I have been craving cheese and tomatoes, and so my friends, this Cheesy Quinoa Casserole was born.
It would be a gross understatement to say this was good, because it was delicious. I’m talking “Babe, that was SO GOOD!” by Mr. Jessiker Bakes and my wanting seconds, which actually never happens. I think it was the simplicity of the ingredients. Nothing fancy or complicated, allowing all their different flavours to shine through together.
This casserole is as easy as making a creamy cheese base, then adding everything else in. Bake for 15 minutes, broil for 1. This results in a delicious, creamy, cheesy quinoa casserole topped with soft flavourful roasted tomatoes and cheesy goodness. It’s not even that much cheese so don’t be inclined to feel any type of bad. The tomato sauce was homemade (sharing next week!) which as we all know about homemade condiments, meant it was packed with pure flavour.
If you’re wondering what quick meal to whip up one night, this is the one! It’s so satisfying, and you’ll be feeling healthy with this nutritious, delicious and easy to make meal. Happy Monday!
MORE FALL QUINOA RECIPES
By the way, if you loved this Cheesy Quinoa Casserole, you’ll always love these Sun-dried Tomato and Mozzarella Quinoa Burgers!
And this Honey & Lime Quinoa Salad Bowl with BBQ Chickpeas
And these Quinoa Pizza Bites
Cheesy Quinoa Casserole - 5 Ingredients
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup tomato/pasta sauce
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- Shredded basil or parsley or other herb for the top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 baking dish, set aside.
- In a pan over medium high heat, heat the milk and 1/4 cup cheese, stirring until melted, about 1-2 minutes. Add the quinoa, tomato/pasta sauce, Italian seasoning and half the diced tomatoes. Stir together until combined and creamy.
- Add the quinoa mix to the baking dish and spread until even on the top. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese and tomatoes on top and bake for 15 minutes. Broil for 1 minute afterwards until cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from heat and allow to cook for 5 minutes. Top with shredded basil or parsley or other chopped herb. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Although jessicainthekitchen.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Jessicainthekitchen.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.
I tried this tonight and was very good. Even my son’s girlfriend who does not like quinoa, liked it. Definitely making this recipe again!
What do you do with the other half of the diced tomatoes?
Hi Tim, sprinkle it on top! I’ll update the instructions!