This Creamy Cashew Pea Pesto is loaded with spring veggies and so delicious that you’ll want to put it on everything!
- 1/2 cup fresh peas if frozen, thawed
- 1/2 cup soft kale/parsley
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 3-4 tablespoons vegan Parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1 small lime scant 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Sea salt to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
Pulse the peas and kale in a food processor until combined. Add the cashews, parmesan cheese, lime juice and salt. Blend all together for a few pulses. With the food processor still running, slowly pour in 2 tablespoons of olive oil, a tablespoon at a time. Blend together until completely combined and creamy - there shouldn't be any whole pieces of any of the ingredients. Taste and add another tablespoon of olive oil if desired, and add more sea salt to taste if necessary.
- This recipe is naturally vegan and gluten free.
- HOW TO STORE You can store this in an air tight tupperware container in the fridge for up to two weeks (although you’ll probably eat it all before that). I wouldn’t recommend freezing this since it would ruin the consistency.
Calories: 99kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 93mg | Potassium: 104mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 514IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg