1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with a silicone baking sheet or parchment paper, NOT foil.
3. Cut the zucchini into spears about 3 inches long and an inch wide roughly. You can do this by cutting it like you would a potato into wedges.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk all the batter ingredients together EXCEPT the bread crumbs. Place the bread crumbs in a bowl. Line it up beside the batter bowl.
5. Toss the zucchini in the mixture one at a time, shaking off excess batter. Then, dip the zucchini into the breadcrumbs to coat, then place onto the baking sheet. Repeat until all of the zucchini spears are coated.
6. Bake for 25 minutes.
7. Remove from oven. Set aside.
Kale Cabbage Slaw
8. Mix all the ingredients for the slaw together while zucchini20 is baking. Let sit on the counter or in fridge if not using immediately while everything else is being made so all the flavours can marry together.
9. While zucchini is baking, in a small food processor or with an immersion blender, blend all the ingredients together. Add a tablespoon or water to thin out the lime crema for drizzling if you so desire. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place in a squeeze bottle and in the fridge until ready, or in a small bowl to spoon over tacos.
To Assemble Tacos
10. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat (if possible, brush with a pastry brush).
11. Place a taco shell in the heat until golden brown spots appear and they are slightly puffy for a few seconds, then flip and cook the same. Set on a plate to assemble.
12. Layer with slaw, crispy zucchini and avocados over the soft taco shells. Add other toppings here if so desired.
13. Drizzle the tacos with the lime crema.
14. Serve with limes to squeeze over for a fresh burst of flavour. Enjoy!
This recipe is vegan.
!TO MAKE IT GLUTEN FREE Use gluten free breadcrumbs and soft taco shells.
You can make the kale cabbage slaw ahead of time, even before you put the crispy zucchini tacos in to bake. Making it while it's baking is just another option, although the flavours will marry together even better if made before.
!HOW TO STORE You can make the different parts of the taco and store separately in airtight tupperware containers. Leave the slaw in its juices to keep it fresh and flavourful. When you're ready to eat, reheat the cauliflower in the oven or a toaster oven, heat the tacos fresh and assemble.