This Vegetarian Meatloaf and Cranberry Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich is the perfect way to use up your Thanksgiving leftovers! Loaded with lots of flavour, so easy and so delicious!
Oh my gosh I have been eating Thanksgiving Leftovers ALL week. I know, wait what? You see, in food blogger world we celebrate each holiday about 2-3 times. Once to test, twice to shoot, then the actual holiday. So I’ve been doing Thanksgiving. Not only is this umm, INCREDIBLE food wise, it means I have a ton of experience with this thanksgiving leftover sandwich.
Hello post Thanksgiving day lunch and dinner.
Here’s the main reason I love this sandwich – I don’t have to recook anything. I don’t need any more ingredients, except two slices of bread. I just assemble, heat and enjoy. If you have a toaster oven, you could easily skip the grilled pan sandwich method. If you don’t have goat cheese, use whatever cheese you desire. No sage or basil? Skip it, or use whatever green you have. If you’re using salad greens, add them in after the sandwich is toasted.
It’s just that simple.
All of the flavours in this Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich come together so perfectly. The meatloaf and the cranberry sauce are meant for each other, and the tang of the cheese offsets the sweetness of the cranberry sauce.
The greens provide the perfect neutrality and their own subtle flavour. Of course, the vegan butter gives it that store bought sandwich taste we all love and that buttery toasted flavour too. You really can’t go wrong with this beauty.
P.S. Here are some of the items I used to make this recipe if you’d like to use them too:
| WHAT YOU’LL NEED // SHOP MY FAVORITE INGREDIENTS & PREP PRODUCTS |
Vegetarian Meatloaf and Cranberry Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich
- Butter each outer side of each slide of bread with the vegan butter.
- Spread the inside of the slices with the cranberry, sauce.
- Begin the layer process:
- Crumble the meatloaf and top cranberry sauce, then the cheese, then the sage/basil, thyme and parsley. Add second slice on top.
- In a pan over medium heat, add the sandwich. Heat through until slice is toasted and sandwich is warm. Flip and do the same for the second slice until sandwich is hot.
- Remove, slice in half or 4ths and enjoy!
- This recipe is vegetarian.
- TO MAKE IT VEGAN Use vegan cheese. I included both options.
- TO MAKE IT GLUTEN FREE Just use gluten free bread! You can even make a gluten free cornbread loaf
If you try this Vegetarian Meatloaf and Cranberry Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich please let me know in the comment section below, or tag me on instagram with the hashtag #jessicainthekitchen! For more exclusive recipes follow me on Instagram AND on Snapchat: jessinkitchen.
MORE THANKSGIVING RECIPES