Pumpkin Mug Cake – 6 Ingredients, Vegan
This Pumpkin Mug Cake is only 6 ingredients and is made with pumpkin butter! It’s topped with a divine 3-ingredient streusel topping and bakes up like a mini cake!
This Pumpkin Mug Cake is pretty what makes up my dreams. If this isn’t the definition of yummy in my tummy, nothing is. The pumpkin butter is CLEARLY the star ingredient here and adds all the moisture goodness to the cake.
You know when you taste sometime and it kind of makes you go gaga? That’s this pumpkin mug cake to me. Every Day. All Day.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST PUMPKIN MUG CAKE
So, I’ve made dozens of mug cakes, and I’m pretty sure there’s a science to it. I’ve found that using a slighty wide and even mug leads to a more even bake. Isn’t it the worst when your pumpkin mug cake is cooked on the top and not the bottom? That won’t be the case here. An even mug from top to bottom is definitely a must here. Also, don’t stop and start it too often. Just like a cake, this can cause it to not bake up.
So, about that delicious streusel topping – oh my. It’s hard now not to put streusel on everything in life. It’s easy to make, definitely a perfect addition to this Pumpkin Mug Cake, and so inviting.
I’m loving this treat. It’s perfect for fall and watching reruns of your favourite show, complete with a warm cashmere sweater.
Let’s throw in some boots while we’re at it.
MORE VEGAN PUMPKIN RECIPES
Pumpkin Mug Cake - 6 Ingredients, Vegan
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin butter
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon brown/ cane sugar
- Mix all the ingredients for the mug cake in any order.
- If you really want an order - pumpkin butter with almond milk, then flour with baking powder and salt, then cinnamon. Mix well.
- Mix the streusel toppings together gently with your fingers or a spoon until it's lumpy and not fully incorporated - you don't want it to be mushy.
- Spoon or dollop it over the mug cake mixture.
- Microwave for 60-80 seconds.
- Let cool for 2 minutes. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Although jessicainthekitchen.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Jessicainthekitchen.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.