Vegan Zucchini Fritters (GF)
cups grated zucchini + 1 teaspoon salt
teaspoon Garlic powder
teaspoon sea salt
handful parsley, chopped
teaspoon ground black pepper
cup coconut flour
flax eggs - Learn how to make a flax egg
tablespoons coconut or olive oil
lime wedges, to serve
- Add the grated zucchini to a cheesecloth or thin kitchen towel in a colander over your kitchen sink. Sprinkle with the 1 teaspoon of salt and leave to drain for 10 minutes.
- After ten minutes, squeeze as much liquid out of the zucchini as possible. This is a crucial step to not making your fritters soggy!
- Add to a bowl and mix in all the other ingredients until just combined.
- Form fritter balls the size of 2 tablespoons and slightly flatten them on a plate or baking sheet with your fingers until you get about 10-11.
- Heat the oil in a pan over high heat. Add the zucchini fritters, leaving some space between each, and cook on each side until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Flip, and cook for another for minutes.
- Serve with some vegan sour cream, lime crema or vegan greek yogurt and lime wedges to squeeze over. Enjoy!
- This makes 10 fritters. This recipe is gluten free and vegan.
- TO STORE
These fritters can be stored cooled in an air tight tupperware container in the fridge for up to a week.