Cranberry Orange Sauce is a quick and easy cranberry sauce that comes together in 20 minutes and is the ultimate crowd pleaser!
WATCH THE VIDEO TO SEE HOW IT’S MADE:
Cranberry Sauce is a staple to any Thanksgiving meal, and honestly, after learning how to make it I will never try canned cranberry sauce! As I mentioned in my last post, this is my first “official” Thanksgiving, and this Cranberry Orange Sauce tops any other that I have tasted. It’s nothing but the simple ingredients of cranberries, orange juice and sugar that makes this gem. I have a ton of leftover ideas already brimming away because this sweet and tangy sauce tastes as if it could go with anything really; and that’s something I am not complaining about.
There isn’t much to say about this sauce, and I am sure it’s been said many times before but it is an excellent addition to your Thanksgiving meal. I actually ended up drowning all my sides in it simply because, well, it tastes amazing. I was slightly fearful that it would be too sweet, but the sugar used balances out the complete tartness and acidity of the cranberries so you are left with a tangy flavour reminiscent to cranberry juice that compliments any neutral flavours it is paired with, such as my Vegan Meatloaf. Heck, I even put a piece with my stuffing! I was in cranberry heaven.
I had this both fresh and after being in the fridge for a few days – I would recommend making this before the actual day. The flavours just seemed to mellow a lot more and it’s not a drastic difference but it is a noticeable difference in the flavours.
Cranberry Orange Sauce
- 4 cups of cranberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup cane sugar, sucanat or coconut sugar or maple syrup
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Place on the stove and bring to a boil. You should hear the cranberries bursting.
- Bring down to a simmer on your stove and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes, mixing every now and then to ensure all ingredients are incorporated.
- Allow the cranberry sauce to cool, and serve immediately or you can store it in the refrigerator for up to a week.