This Date Night Pasta comes together in less than 30 minutes and is loaded with flavour! It’s made with burst tomatoes, sautéed shiitake mushrooms and garlic in a creamy, inviting pasta!
Hands up who has had a consistent date night every week? Okay, if your hand went up, serious kudos to you. This is something that if I’m being honest, we struggle with over in our household. Work kinda consumes like 90% of my life (the other 10% is split between Netflix and family and friends, ya know). However, whenever we are away from home, we really make an effort. In fact, we’ve been three times in two weeks which is a NEW record (including a vegan brunch!).
There are a ton of reasons why date night doesn’t happen. But when it does, I always feel so much happier and lighter. So while I can’t list all the reasons date night can’t happen, I can list one that it can: this Date Night Burst Tomato, Mushroom and Garlic Creamy Pasta.
Okay, I kid you not we timed this and it did NOT even take 30 minutes. I made it on the fly for an impromptu dinner and with one bite, Gavin was sold. He wanted me to tell him exactly how I made it, because he kinda needed this in his life forever. Fast forward to now and it’s my go to for a quick dinner/impromptu date night. That’s the magical thing about date night: you don’t need to have it outside of the house. We usually throw a tablecloth over the table, put on some cute clothes, and sometimes even light a candle.
Okay, the candle part was a joke, but really, you could easily do that. It’s all about making that night super special for the both of you. It doesn’t have to last hours or cost lots of of money, but it does have to be delicious.
This Date Night Burst Tomato, Mushroom and Garlic Creamy Pasta (don’t you love that name?) achieves just that. Honestly, I would so go all out on the best vegan ingredients that you can find for this. Quality matters when you have such powerful ingredients shining through. We went for the best organic tomatoes, shiitake mushrooms and pasta we could find. I’m talking the fancy bronze drawn pasta so it “binds perfectly with the sauce“. It’s date night, after all.
With some amazing ingredients, a little bit of work, and lots of love, your stay in date night dreams can come true. Bonus points? Two pots to wash, two plates, and maybe two wine glasses. Happy Date Night Eating!
Disclaimer: Although jessicainthekitchen.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Jessicainthekitchen.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.
Send this to a friend