Curried Chickpea Salad (15 Minutes)
This Curried Chickpea Salad is just like your favourite curried chicken salad, veganised! This recipe takes only 15 minutes to make & is perfect for meal prep and on-the-go meals. This salad is perfect for putting in wraps, on a bed of greens, and more. It’s loaded with so much flavour and is SO delicious!
Whenever I do my annual survey, one of the overwhelming requests I get is “more lunch recipes please!” I’m happy to say that this recipe hits the nail on the head when it comes to:
- No bake
- No need to heat up
- Meal prep friendly (takes 15 minutes!)
- And Picnic friendly!
Plus, I always try to make more meal-prep recipes because I know how busy life can get! It’s also inspired by my Chickpea Tuna Salad, which is. a top recipe in our household. Long story short: this Curried Chickpea Salad is a boss of a recipe.
Notes on the Ingredients
Chickpeas: So protein-packed, the chickpeas make this salad super filling.
Vegan Mayo: Try my recipe for vegan mayo here. It’s super easy to make!
Red Onion: These veggies are filled with antioxidants and are a great addition to this salad. You can use any type of onion here, but I prefer red onion.
Fresh Parsley: You can also substitute with fresh dill. Both will emphasize all of the great flavours here!
Pickles: Make sure they are finely chopped! You can also use relish or celery in place of the pickles.
Curry Powder: The star ingredient – I simply love the flavour the curry powder gives this salad.
Raisins: Pair perfectly with the other flavours in this recipe.
Lime: I like to finish off my salad with a squeeze of fresh lime for a bit of citrus.
Dijon Mustard: I love the boldness and the “kick” of dijon mustard. It really brings everything together in this recipe. You can sub regular mustard in here too!
Salt and Pepper
How to Make Vegan Curried Chickpea Salad
Add all the ingredients into the bowl and using a potato mash, a fork or a pastry cutter, blend it together until just combined. You don’t want it too mushy but you want to break down the chickpeas and incorporate all the ingredients. You could also use a food processor for about 5 pulses.
Scrape everything together and taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
Serve on a bed of greens, in a lettuce wrap, in a sandwich, or on crackers/as a dip or however you desire. Enjoy!
Expert Tips and FAQ
- Use a Food Processor: If you have one, use a food processor to combine the ingredients! You’ll only need to pulse it about 5 times or else it will become too mushy.
- Add Other Vegetables: Try adding other veggies, like celery, to your recipe to add even more greens.
- How to Serve: You can serve this Curried Chickpea Salad a multitude of ways. On a bed of greens (spinach, mixed greens, or arugula), on toast, in a sandwich or in a wrap for a few ideas! You can also serve it as a dip with crackers!
- Meal Prep this Salad: You can store your Curried Chickpea Salad in a Tupperware container in the fridge for 5 days.
More Vegan Salad Recipes
- Cashew Thai Quinoa Salad with Peanut Ginger Sauce
- Vegan Feta Cheese (Tofu Feta Cheese)
- The Best Kale Salad with Sesame Tahini Dressing
- Kale, Apple and Chickpea Salad with Vegan Feta
Enjoy friends! If you make this Vegan Curried Chickpea Salad, please snap a photo and tag #jessicainthekitchen on Instagram! We’d also love if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
Curried Chickpea Salad (15 Minutes)
- 15 oz. can chickpeas or roughly 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- 2 tablespoons red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pickles or relish or celery
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- squeeze of a lime
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- sea salt and pepper
- Add all the ingredients into the bowl and using a potato mash, a fork or a pastry cutter, blend it together until just combined. You don’t want it too mushy but you want to break down the chickpeas and incorporate all the ingredients. You could also use a food processor for about 5 pulses.
- Scrape everything together and taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Serve on a bed of greens, in a lettuce wrap, in a sandwich, or on crackers/as a dip or however you desire. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Although jessicainthekitchen.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Jessicainthekitchen.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.