This Roasted Cauliflower Soup uses very little ingredients to create a flavour packed creamy, thick and fluffy soup! Perfect weeknight dinner for those busy days! Vegan, gluten free, paleo and clean eating.
WATCH THE VIDEO TO SEE HOW IT’S MADE:
Ah, January. I doubt I’m alone, but going back to work has been – challenging to say the least. I love my job, as was clearly expressed in my last blog post, but OH the holidays. The endless nights of family, laughter and Netflix marathons have left me missing it and wanting way more of those chill days and nights. It’s also left me feeling very simple when it comes to weeknight dinners – ALL I want are easy quick and delicious recipes. That’s where this soup comes in to save the day.
Hello healthy, beautiful clean eating warming comfort food. I had a different post planned for today, but after tasting this roasted cauliflower soup I knew one thing for sure: I had to share this with you immediately. When I say INCREDIBLY easy, I mean you’ll be in and out of your kitchen in no time, with very little ingredients, and one divinely flavourful Roasted Cauliflower Soup. Guaranteed.
After your roast is the cauliflower, the next steps are so ridiculously easy that you’ll probably go out and buy a cauliflower to make this for dinner tonight. Sauté some onion until fragrant, add the garlic, cauliflower, broth and thyme. All this comes to a boil them simmers for 15 minutes. Here’s where the fun begins. You can use an immersion blender, but I found using a blender made an outstanding difference. I’m talking drinking a cloud difference. The soup became heavenly fluffy, soft, thick and creamy with an intoxicating aroma. Cue the food blogger standing by, starting at the bowl, contemplating her new move very carefully.
P.S. Here are some of the items I used to make this recipe if you’d like to use them too:
| WHAT YOU’LL NEED // SHOP MY FAVORITE INGREDIENTS & PREP PRODUCTS |
Roasted Cauliflower Soup - Vegan, Incredibly Easy
- 1 large head cauliflower, de-stemmed and florets broken up
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed with skins still on
- 1/2 large vidalia onion
- 23 sprigs thyme, stems removed
- 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Add the cauliflower to the baking sheet and 1 tablespoon olive oil, about ½ teaspoon salt and grind some pepper over it all. Using your hands, mixing it all in, massaging the ingredients into the cauliflower. Add the smashed garlic (skins still on) on the baking sheet. The skins help to prevent it burning; you'll remove thee afterwards. Roast for 15 minutes. I like to reserve a few pieces after roasting to top the soup with.
- Meanwhile, in a large high sided pot over medium high heat, sauté the onions in the ½ tablespoon olive oil until fragrant and browning, about 8 minutes, stirring infrequently.
- Add the roasted cauliflower, the garlic (skins remove), 2 sprigs of thyme and vegetable broth. Mix together with spatula.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir once more. If using an immersion blender, blend the soup together. If using a high powered blender, let cool slightly and add slowly to blender. Press the "soup" setting or blend on high until soup is thoroughly mixed and incorporated, at least 1 minute. Be careful that your soup is not too hot to crack your blender. Taste and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into bowls and top optionally with extra cauliflower, crushed red peppers, extra thyme and a drizzle of coconut milk. Enjoy!
Recipe NotesThis recipe is vegan and gluten free. We made our own broth and saw a phenomenal difference, so if possible do this! If not, ensure you got an organic healthy vegetable broth to use.
If you try this Roasted Cauliflower Soup please let me know in the comment section below, or tag me on instagram with the hashtag #jessicainthekitchen! For more exclusive recipes follow me on Instagram AND on Snapchat: jessinkitchen.
MORE VEGAN WARMING SOUP/CHILI RECIPES