Quinoa and Corn Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing is a hearty and delicious salad also made with roasted tomatoes and feta cheese for the perfect summer salad!
Happy Friday! In case you haven’t noticed, Friday is my favourite day of the week. And what better than to bring you my new favourite salad of all time on my favourite day? This Quinoa and Corn Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing aka please-magically-reappear aka I-could-eat-this-everyday. Yes, I’m working on my maturity. Kinda.
I’ll tell you how this salad came about. I, in the last bits of this summer heat made chili – don’t judge me, it’s so that when we all have chili on our mind it magically turns up on the blog. These are our food blogger problems. This resulted in having leftover corn and thinking about corn all week. This was coupled with my burning desire to fill the quinoa-less phase (of four whole weeks) and my newest obsession with roasted tomatoes and feta. I also throw lime wedges and chopped herbs on top of everything.
It all ended up in quite a happy marriage.
The type of marriage that included a honey and lime dressing coating the quinoa straight out of the bowl which I have done before in my other favourite salad of all time and really loved it, so I wanted to incorporate it here also. What you get is a delicious mix of sweet and savoury quinoa mixed with all the delicious roasted vegetables and topped with feta cheese. And we all know feta cheese is kinda perfect on everything. All in all, I really loved this salad. Best part? I’m talking 25 minutes tops. I factored in the time to make the quinoa too!
Let’s make it a salad date.
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Juice of 2 limes
- ¾ cup corn
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook Quinoa.
- Stir honey and juice of limes with a whisk in a ramekin. Set aside.
- While quinoa has 5 minutes left in cooking, heat coconut oil (or your oil on hand) in a pan over medium high heat.
- When oil is hot, add tomato halves and corn with salt and ground pepper. Stir to combine and quickly heat for about 5 minutes through until softer and heated through.
- When quinoa has finished cooking, stir in the honey lime mixture into the quinoa and using a wooden spoon, turn over a few times to combine.
- Add the corn and cherry tomatoes and stir again to combine.
- On a serving plate, add quinoa salad and top with feta cheese.
- Serve with lime wedges to squeeze over and garnish with chopped herbs. (optional)
MORE SUMMER SALADS