These are the BEST classic, chewy fudgy brownies made with chocolate chips. Dozens of readers have raved about it!
WATCH THE VIDEO TO SEE HOW IT’S MADE:
What’s your favourite brownie? For me, it’s these, the classic chewy brownies with a touch of fudgy consistency with that crispy top. The type of brownie you bite into you and your world becomes a mix of all sorts of textures and flavours plus the addition of delicious partially melted chocolate chips. I knew I had to come up with the ultimate chewy brownie recipe.
I found that the easiest way to get these type of chewy fudgy brownies was without cocoa powder and to melt chocolate chips for the fudge consistency and chocolate base. Also, I opted for making these brownies using oil instead of butter, which in my experience makes brownies chewier and makes the brownies even more moist and seems to hold the brownie a bit more together.
I made these chewy fudgy brownies for a charity event at school and kept hearing “the brownies are sooo good” then I got outed as the one who made it. Which resulted in a lot of smiling with teeth on my part, thank-yous and swelling of my head and ego. Wish I could tell you I reacted more modestly. Oops. Followed by “you should start your own baking company” and my friends who always seem to be convenient, paid-with-food awesome spokespersons go “she does.” *flips hair* “She always make cheesecakes, cakes, cookies…”
My friends are the best.
If you want these reactions, make these chewy fudgy brownies! But attempt to keep the head swelling down a bit. Or not.
P.S. Here are some of the items I used to make this recipe if you’d like to use them too:
| WHAT YOU’LL NEED // SHOP MY FAVORITE INGREDIENTS & PREP PRODUCTS |
Classic, Chewy Fudgy Brownies
- 1 cup (188g) chocolate chips, melted - I recommend Ghirardelli
- 3/4 cup (107g) all purpose flour, NOT sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs (114g in shells)
- 3/4 cup (158g) brown sugar (I use raw brown sugar, cane sugar or coconut sugar)
- 3/4 cup (150g) melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons (28g) water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (unmelted)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave for a minute, stirring after to see if chips have melted. If not, microwave in increments of 30 seconds until completely melted. Alternatively, you can melt in over a small pot of boiling water (Not a lot of water in the pot) and put the chocolate chips it in a heat proof and melt proof bowl over the pot and stir until melted.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking soda until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs, sugar and oil and mix until combined for about 2 minutes. Add the water and the vanilla extract. Add to the dry mixture to the wet mixture and melted chocolate chips and stir for about 3 minutes until combined.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased, parchment lined, or a greased foil-lined 8x8 square pan. Bake for 35 minutes.
- When finished, remove from oven and allow to cool completely in pan on a wire rack. The pan should be completely cool. It can take up to an hour and a half to cool completely.
Recipe NotesIt's up to you what type of chocolate chips you would want to use. You can use semi-sweet or dark chocolate based on the brownie you would like to achieve. I recommend semi-sweet since it's the best of both worlds. If you'd like a mix use semi-sweet for the base, and either milk or dark for the chips in the brownies. Oil instead of butter in products tends to create a moister product. All you have to do is switch out equal parts of the butter for the oil. The pan size makes a huge difference! If you do not use an 8x8 pan for eg if you use smaller, your brownies will not be ready in the right amount of time. Ensure your oven is properly calibrated, and remember your brownies will not be properly set until they are cooled down. PLEASE wait until they are properly cooled, else they will NOT be set.
If you try these Classic Chewy Fudgy Brownies, please let me know in the comment section below, or tag me on instagram with the hashtag #jessicainthekitchen! For more exclusive recipes follow me on Instagram AND on Snapchat: jessinkitchen.
MORE CHEWY FUDGY BROWNIE RECIPES
If you enjoyed these brownies, you will definitely love these Double Chocolate M&M Brownies !
Try these Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies!
Or this Chocolate Brownie Cake!
Check out all my brownie and bars recipes!