Creamy Cashew Pea Pesto
- 1/2 cup fresh peas (if frozen, thawed)
- 1/2 cup soft kale/parsley
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 3-4 tablespoons vegan Parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1 small lime, scant 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Sea salt to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
Pulse the peas and kale in a food processor until combined. Add the cashews, parmesan cheese, lime juice and salt. Blend all together for a few pulses. With the food processor still running, slowly pour in 2 tablespoons of olive oil, a tablespoon at a time. Blend together until completely combined and creamy - there shouldn't be any whole pieces of any of the ingredients. Taste and add another tablespoon of olive oil if desired, and add more sea salt to taste if necessary. Enjoy!
- This recipe is naturally vegan and gluten free.
- HOW TO STORE You can store this in an air tight tupperware container in the fridge for up to two weeks (although you'll probably eat it all before that). I wouldn't recommend freezing this since it would ruin the consistency.