Super Bowl Sunday Ready Buffalo Chicken Dip
After seeing many blog posts from over the years on chicken dip aka buffalo chicken dip, I decided to finally give it a try. What could possibly be bad about cream cheese, blue cheese, buffalo chicken and most importantly hot sauce?
I kid you not: seconds after this came out of the oven a certain greedy foodie grabbed for a cracker and dipped. And smiled. And completely burned her mouth. Then took another piece. And blew…and got burnt again. Don’t worry, I didn’t repeat this.
But this buffalo chicken dip is all sorts of amazing. I’m throwing all legal grammar out the window to say: YOU GOTTA MAKE THIS. I’m not sure what happened…I woke up from a daze and realized I had eaten way too much (after it cooled down a little). Rave reviews all around, and a pack of crackers later, I would give this 5 stars.
Let’s talk about the ingredients for buffalo chicken dip. The chicken is so easy to shred – all you need is a stand mixer or a food processor. Cook your chicken how you feel, and just shred it. Voila. The mixes of cheese are the best combination and you will thank yourself for buying that high quality blue cheese.
The hot sauce. Do NOT put less than the 10 ounces. I used about 5 ounces saying oh come on 10 ounces is ridiculous. The buffalo chicken dip was slightly spicy. For Sunday, I will be ouncing-it-up *insert lame smile here*. The combination is great. I also broiled the top of mine so I got a nice bubbly and brown cheesy top. I have no regrets from making this beauty.
Got a Super Bowl party? This is a staple that is needed. I will definitely be remaking buffalo chicken dip for the Super Bowl party I’m attending.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 pound thinly sliced chicken breast strips.
- garlic powder
- seasoned salt
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 to 10 ounces Hot Sauce**
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2.5 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup shredded Sharp cheddar cheese
- Sprinkle the seasonings on top of the chicken breast (both sides).
- Heat (medium-high) the olive oil in a cast iron (preferably) skillet. Place the seasoned chicken in skillet and brown (about 3 minutes). Flip and brown the other side. Take off heat once the chicken has cooked through.
- Shred or chop the chicken pieces in a stand mixer or a food processor so that chicken can be dispersed throughout the dip.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt cream cheese, butter, and blue cheese together until melted.
- Stir in the chicken, 1/2 cup of the cheese and hot sauce.
- Pour into a greased baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 400 until nice and bubbly and hot for 15-20 minutes, and the cheese is all melted. Broiling is optional.
- Serve with chips, crackers and celery.
Disclaimer: Although jessicainthekitchen.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Jessicainthekitchen.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.