This Asian Tofu Stir Fry recipe is a family favorite 20 minute weeknight meal. The vegetables are almost caramelized and mixed into a honey sriracha Asian sauce!
So this may seem like my a-typical filler line when I don’t know what else to say, but do you realise it’s the middle of February? That means it’s almost March (birthday month!) and almost dum dum dum…July! Okay, so maybe I’m being a bit dramatic and July is definitely a bit more than 4 months away, but I’m convinced each day now has 15 hours in a day why it’s all moving so fast. What happens when we have less time? We have less time to make delicious dinners after long days. Fear not! This is officially one of my favorite easy weeknight meals to whip in a jiffy.
This dish came about from the Mr.’s imagination, as does all of his amazing dishes. He makes tofu better than anyone that I know including myself, so I tend to hesitate ordering tofu when I’m out knowing it won’t be him making it! This is such a simple dish that you hardly need a recipe for it, but it definitely helps. All the veggies and tofu are cooked up into a stir fry, caramelising the veggies almost and definitely making them soft and succulent. The flavour combination differences between the carrot, onions and broccoli are what make this stir fry so delicious because you have a delicious mix of sweet, sour and spicy all in one. I’m addicted to onions so I definitely love having an entire onion in the mix, but know that as usual, you can switch up the recipe to your liking! This is actually in my top 10 for favorite easy, quick and DELISH weeknight meals.
The Honey Sriracha Sauce. Uh, yum! It’s sooo simple but I just love when honey and sriracha come together. This adds to the sweet and spicy mix of the dish and is a MUST to add in. I love recipes like these because they’re a kind of everything-is-in-your-pantry-already recipe and you can mix and match flavours to your liking. I am told I am HEAVY on the heat so add the sriracha ½ teaspoon at first. The truth is a add way more than 1 teaspoon (oops) so add (or not) to your heart’s content. Happy Eating and Happy Monday!!
Asian Tofu Stir-Fry with Honey Sriracha Sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped into large pieces
- 1 medium head broccoli, chopped
- 1 block of tofu (pressed for 30 minutes), chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Honey Sriracha Sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Braggs Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (optional)
- In a pot over medium high heat, add oil until hot.
- Add onions and carrots in the pan, and swirl, sautéing for about 2-3 minutes to soften them (they take longer than the other vegetables).
- Add the broccoli and tofu, and sauté all for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the Honey Sriracha Asian Sauce and cook together for 2 minutes on medium heat. Serve over rice or quinoa or alone. Enjoy!
Honey Sriracha Sauce
- Whisk all the ingredients together. Start with 1/2 teaspoon of sriracha if you're sensitive to heat.