Posted by Jessicahttp://jessicainthekitchen.com/grilled-stone-fruit-coconut-cream/
© 2016 Jessica In The Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Grilled Stone Fruit with Coconut Cream
peaches, pitted and halved
plums, pitted and halved
tablespoon coconut oil
cinnamon, to sprinkle
can full fat coconut milk, in the fridge overnight
tablespoons coconut sugar
mint leaves, to garnish
- Heat your grill to medium high heat.
- Brush the peaches and plums with the coconut oil before putting on the grill. Have a tray nearby to remove.
- Place each half down on the grill and cover, grilling for up to 4-6 minutes and until the stone fruit have softened and grill marks are present. Check to ensure they don't burn. You can rotate 90 degrees to get criss cross on the stone fruit. Remove onto a plate.
- Dollop coconut cream on top, sprinkling with cinnamon. You can also brush with maple syrup when they come off the grill, or even top with vegan ice cream! Enjoy!
- Turn the coconut milk tin upside down, and open. You should see a little liquid on top but the rest should be very hard like a thick cream. Pour out the liquid separately and put the thick cream into a cold mixing bowl. Whip until thick and creamy (about 30 seconds to 1 minute straight), adding in the sugar to sweeten to your preference. If you don't want it to be sweetened then feel free to leave it out!
- This recipe is vegan and gluten free.
- You can use apricots and nectarines if you'd prefer, any stone fruit works in this recipe!
- You can also top these with vegan ice cream