Posted by Jessicahttp://jessicainthekitchen.com/blackberry-limeade/
© 2017 Jessica In The Kitchen. All rights reserved.
cup blackberries, fresh
tablespoon coconut sugar
Juice of two large limes
to 2 1/2 cups cold water
basil leaves and fresh blackberries, for garnish
- In a pot over high heat, add the blackberries, sugar, limes, basil leaves and ½ cup water.
- Smash the blackberries with the back of a wooden spoon and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to medium heat to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 5 minutes, then pour into a blender to blend everything together again. Strain over a pitcher to remove seeds and solids. Add in the extra 1 ½ or 2 cups of cold water and stir together (add 1 ½ cups first then taste to see if you'll need the extra ½ cup).
- Serve immediately with fresh blackberries and basil leaves in each glass.
- This recipe is vegan and gluten free.
- HOW TO STORE
Store this in a pitcher in the fridge for up to 3 days. Cover with saran wrap to prevent other odours from getting in.