1. This week, I only have 5 things because well, this week has kind of been rolled into one. On Tuesday night, my aunt passed after battling cancer for two years now. I’ve kind of just taken the week off (as you can see). While it’s been very hard to accept so far, I decided that wallowing in sadness would not be the best idea. I’ve probably spent the entire week in my bed crying and honestly, she was such a lively, insanely creative spirit that I was doing her memory absolutely no justice. Do I miss her? Oh, like crazy. We are talking the lady who taught me to manipulate a box of pancake mix to the max, who was also a Pisces like myself, got me into the whole Feng Shui and Ying and Yang stuff, the person whose house decor I am still in crazy love with and who I got excited to show when I re did my room. I decided that I didn’t want to make this sad because she was never like that. Above all, I’m so happy she’s out of all of the pain that she was in and I love her so much <3. Thank you for those of you who I’m friends with on Facebook who sent my condolences <3.
2. My aunt lived in Mandeville, Jamaica. There are so many “Jamaicas” in Jamaica. Kingston, where I live, is crazy busy, endless traffic (ugh) and heat. Mandeville is open, the sky is clearer, and it’s so cool. It has beautiful views and it is quiet, and it’s actually one of my favourite places in Jamaica. I’m a travel and vacation kind of girl, and while I would have to live where it’s busier I would rather be in a quiet place to just relax. What about you? What’s your preference?
3. The frozen yogurt above? A pick-me-up courtesy of Mr. Jessiker Bakes. Tutti Frutti opened up in Jamaica last year and has been a raving success ever since. Now while I’m Ms. Exotic Flavours my favourite remain to be Strawberry and Vanilla. Weird? I guess they’re just clean and I can taste the flavour well. The Mr. remains loyal to vanilla and Birthday Cake – Every.Single. Time. Don’t get me started on their cheesecake toppings. Ever since my favourite cheesecake store shut down I haven’t been able to find anywhere with the same super creamy, and tangy cheesecake, which is my favourite. My excuse to buying frozen yogurt is to have the cheesecake toppings. Guilty!
4. I discovered this week that I really do recharge by blogging and taking photos, because I had zero energy. Then yesterday I forced myself up and out and picked up my camera (the battery wasn’t even charged) and went into the kitchen. Let’s just say my family now has a full supply of lunch and dinner for the rest of the weekend and then I got up and made french toast and scrambled eggs this morning. That was a positive reinforcement that I really DO love this job! So much that it’s weird saying job because, whether I’m getting paid or not, I feel driven to just blog, to cook, to write, to take pictures. I think my camera actually smiled at me.
5. I’m going to leave you with this ridiculously funny cat vs printer video. Yes, the land of Facebook really is like Narnia when you get lost in it.
Send this to a friend