1. Mix 1/2 cup uncooked and washed quinoa with 1 cup water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil first and then lower heat. Cook the quinoa for about 15 minutes until fluffy. You should get about 1 1/2 cups of cooked quinoa (you only need 1 cup for the recipe, so you could always make extra pizza bites or use it another time).
Quinoa Pizza Bites
2. Preheat oven to 400 ° F/ 205° C.
3. Grease a 12 mini muffin tin pan OR line it with parchment paper with strips over the sides. I found the parchment paper worked best for me!
4. Mix all of the ingredients together, except the extra 2 tablespoons of cheese.
5. Put a tablespoon into each muffin tin, packing them in.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and top with remaining 2 tablespoons of cheese. Broil for about 30 seconds to 1 minute (please watch them, they burn easily).
8. After broiling, allow to cool on a wire rack for about 15 minutes and then remove from pan.
Serve with Marinara Sauce. Enjoy!!
NotesHOW TO STOREThis can last for about one week in the fridge in an air-tight tupperware container . You can freeze these items and pop them in the oven to heat them up.If you’re making this for kids or you don’t like spice, the red pepper flakes can get really spicy when baked, so you can leave it out.If you try these Quinoa Pizza Bites please let me know in the comment section below, or tag me on instagram with the hashtag #jessicainthekitchen! For more exclusive recipes follow me on Instagram AND on Snapchat: jessinkitchen.