1. Preheat oven to 350° F/ 177° C. Prepare an 8x8 baking dish by lining with parchment paper or with foil. Set aside.
1. Mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
1. In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients with a wooden spoon. Add the coconut sugar, the maple syrup, the sea salt, coconut oil and flax egg, and vanilla extract and mix until all combined throughly, about two minutes.
2. Split the crumble mixture in half. Press the first half of the crumble mixture evenly into the bottom of the dish to form a crust. Bake for 10 minutes in the oven.
Remove the warm baked crust and top with the apple filling, evenly covering the crust in a neat layer. Add the other half of the crumb topping, pressing it slightly together.
3. Bake for 25 minutes until golden and puffy. Allow to cool for 20 minutes, then completely in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
4. Slice into 12 or 16 bars and enjoy! Drizzle caramel sauce on each slice when serving. You can serve them cold, warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!!