Vegan Whipped Feta Dip
This vegan whipped feta dip is creamy, tangy, loaded with herbs and spices, and perfect for dipping all the things!
We live in the golden age of vegan cheeses, friends. Not too long ago, your options for vegan cheese were plasticky orange slices and maybe some bags of shredded faux-cheddar if you were lucky. Now, just about every popular cheese has a widely available vegan version, so it’s easier than ever to remake all your old favourite dairy-based creations. Like this vegan whipped feta dip!
I used to make a version of this whipped feta dip before going vegan, and now that I can easily find vegan feta at the grocery store, it’s a staple in my house again. It has the absolute best texture—so soft and creamy—and it’s full of big, bold flavours from tangy, salty vegan feta to Mediterranean-inspired herbs and spices. It all comes together to form the most perfect snack.
If you’re a cheese lover, you will love this recipe. Even if you aren’t, you’ll love this recipe. Basically, you’re going to want to keep vegan whipped feta dip on hand in the fridge at all times!
Notes on Ingredients
Scroll down to the recipe card to find the ingredient quantities and recipe instructions.
- Vegan ricotta or vegan cream cheese – Vegan ricotta will give you a lighter texture, while vegan cream cheese will be thicker and creamier.
- Vegan feta cheese – I love the one from Trader Joe’s and Follow Your Heart crumbles.
- Ground black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning or other dried herbs – Or substitute 1 tablespoon of fresh herbs.
- Sea salt
- Crushed red pepper flakes – Feel free to use less for a milder vegan whipped feta.
- Olive oil – You’ll need some for the dip and some for drizzling as a garnish. This is a good time to break out your best bottle of extra-virgin olive oil—the kind that’s fragrant and fruity.
- Lemon zest
- Agave nectar or maple syrup – These are optional; they’ll help balance the pungent feta flavour.
What Is Vegan Feta Made From?
Homemade vegan feta is typically made from soy (i.e., tofu) or nuts, while commercial vegan feta is usually made with potato starch and other ingredients for flavour and texture.
How to Make Vegan Whipped Feta Dip
You’ll see that there’s not much to this recipe—which means you can make it all the time! Here’s what you’ll need to do.
Process the ingredients. Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor for about 4 minutes, using a spatula to scrape down the sides every 2 minutes to ensure a smooth consistency.
Garnish. Spoon the vegan whipped feta into a serving bowl, then drizzle with extra olive oil on top.
What to Serve With Vegan Whipped Feta
I like to serve this dip with garlic pita chips, but other types of chips and crackers are delicious too! You can spread it onto slices of crusty bread or toast, or use it as a dip for radishes, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, carrots, and other veggies. It’s also delicious spread onto pita bread (or vegan garlic naan!) as a base for a vegan falafel wrap.
Tips for Success
These simple tips will help you make sure your vegan whipped feta dip turns out perfect!
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. You may want to add a pinch more salt, pepper, or garlic powder for maximum flavour.
- Make sure you’re blending for long enough. You want your dip to be soft and creamy, not grainy.
- Don’t be afraid to add more oil. Depending on the types of cheeses you use, you may need to add a little extra oil for a rich, creamy texture.
This is a great starting point for vegan whipped feta, but once you get the hang of it, feel free to experiment with different flavours and seasonings. A few ideas:
- Add some roasted red peppers, roasted garlic, or sun-dried tomatoes to the top before serving.
- Swap out the Italian herbs for za’atar, a Middle Eastern blend of spices.
- Add a pinch of smoked paprika for smoky flavour.
- Top with toasted pine nuts and chopped olives for some Mediterranean flair.
How to Store Leftovers
Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to a week. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container and don’t forget to give it a good stir before each use.
Can This Recipe Be Frozen?
Yes, you can freeze this vegan whipped feta dip! Transfer it into a freezer-safe container and store for up to 3 months. Thaw the dip in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Enjoy friends! If you make this vegan whipped feta dip, please snap a photo and tag #jessicainthekitchen on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
More Vegan Dips and Spreads
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Thai Peanut Sauce
- Roasted Garlic White Bean Dip (Vegan, Ridiculously Yummy)
- Perfect Homemade Hummus
Vegan Whipped Feta Dip
- ½ cup vegan ricotta or vegan cream cheese
- 1 brick (8 ounces) vegan cubed feta cheese, I love the one from Trader Joe's and Follow Your Heart crumbles
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning or other dried herb or 1 tablespoon fresh herbs
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon, about 1 teaspoon
- Extra Olive oil for drizzling
- Optional add-in or garnish: drizzle of agave or maple syrup to balance flavours
- Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor for 4 minutes, scraping down the sides every 2 minutes with a spatula when off to incorporate all ingredients.
- Spoon into a bowl and drizzle with extra olive oil on top. Eat with garlic pita chips or any other crackers or chips.
Disclaimer: Although jessicainthekitchen.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Jessicainthekitchen.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.
Jessica, these photos are GORGEOUS! Every time I try to take photos of whipped food, it looks like I photographed something my dog hacked up. No joke. I must admit, I’m not a huge feta fan (cue your gasps of disbelief). But load it up with spices ‘n pile it on a garlic pita and I might be persuaded to devour this in one sitting. I hope your leg is getting better – 7 weeks sounds like an eternity! Thank goodness for the world cup and youtube.
Aww thanks you so much Nancy, and you are cracking me up! I am sure it doesn’t look that bad since your pictures are always gorgeous haha. I’m sure you’d love these trust me! And thank you – I’m just here like when is this foot gonna heal?? I’m thankful for World Cup and Youtube INDEED!
You had me at whipped feta. Fabulous!!!
Haha thanks Kathy!
Your whipped feta looks fabulous! Love that you spiced it up with some red pepper flakes. Yum!
Thanks so much Christin!
A big bowl of this with some pita chips sounds amazing to munch on while watching a match! Love the flavors and spices in here – looks awesome!
Oh good lord. That whipped feta looks like the tastiest dip on the planet! Paired with those awesome-looking pita chips and I think I’d be set for the rest of the day! LOL. Awesome photos, Jessica! Pinned.
Haha thanks Sarah and thanks for pinning!
Ok, I have not whipped feta before and now I feel like I was living under a rock. Hello 21st century!! This looks amazing. Whipping up for the next game. And yes..I have been obsessed and watching every game too 🙂
Haha Thanks Zainab! I know you’ve been watching I’ve been seeing your updates 😀 it’s too exciting not to! I’m trying to find a way to integrate a glass of wine with this…
Ohh, I’m so glad you do share the brands you love even without the affiliation–it’s a sign of a true fan! I love the idea of whipped feta dip. Wonderful, Jess!
Something tells me I would really like this dip…with the chips!
This whipped feta looks divine and I love the idea of serving it with garlic pitta chips! 🙂
I’m already a feta addict, so I’m a little bit concerned about what would happen to me around whipped feta! I’d probably need a restraining order.
Haha, due to how I inhaled all of this, I’m pretty sure you would!