Posted by Jessicahttps://jessicainthekitchen.com/vegan-strawberry-ice-cream-no-churn/
© 2016 Jessica In The Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Vegan Strawberry Coconut Ice Cream (No Churn)
cups frozen strawberries
oz (two cans)/ 793 g cans coconut cream*
vanilla bean, split and seeded I use Rodelle
cup maple syrup
- Add the coconut cream to a food processor and whip until soft peaks form.
- Add all rest of the other ingredients into a food processor and blender together until thick and creamy and combined. Fold in in the whipped coconut cream and mix together until combined.
Ice Cream Machine
- Place all ice cream base into a freezer-safe container in the refrigerator for 2 hours to set up before freezing.
- Freeze the ice cream according to the manufacturer's instructions for your machine.
No Machine/No Churn
- Place all ice cream base into a freezer-safe container and place in the freezer and allow to freeze for 1 hour. Ensure it is covered.
- Whisk slightly every 20 minutes to avoid it getting too icy for 3-4 hours. It should be getting thicker after each whisking, until it's firm enough to scoop.
- To eat: serve immediately or when you are ready for it (after it's been in the freezer), thaw for 5-10 minutes and scoop with an ice cream scoop.
- This recipe is vegan, gluten free and the Rodelle beans are nut free.
- HOW TO STORE
Store this ice cream in a freeze safe container. For the best taste and texture it is advised that you store it no longer than 2 weeks.
- A FEW NOTES
1. You can buy coconut cream or make it from full fat coconut milk. Place a can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight. Remove, turn upside down, open and pour off the liquid coconut water on top (you can drink it or use it in a smoothie). Then use the thick coconut cream that is left in the recipe.