Vegan Mango Coconut Cheesecake
Vegan Mango Coconut Cheesecake is a creamy no bake cheesecake that you’ll fall in love with! Made with only natural sweeteners, this cheesecake is both great for you and incredibly delicious!
Happy Cheesecake Day! Also known as the best day ever, I’m partaking with a ton of other bloggers to bring you 65+ cheesecake recipes! Whaaat! The list is at the end of the post so be sure to check it out!!
I didn’t want to just create a regular cheesecake AND I wanted something to represent Jamaica 🙂 so Vegan Mango Coconut Cheesecake it was! This stemmed from the fact that based on the amount of mangoes I’ve eaten in the past two weeks, I’ve in fact turned into a mango. Also, I love coconut so much and used a lot of it in this recipe!
I know what you’re thinking…so, how does it taste?!
Admittedly, I was super sceptical about vegan cheesecake and I’m happy to say this was AMAZING! I mean really, I love cream cheese cheesecakes, but if I found out tomorrow I could only eat vegan cheesecakes I would be pretty happy with my life.
Why This Vegan Cheesecake Works
This had all the right things about cheesecake – the slight tartness, the sweet delicious parts and best of all a rich and creamy base with a thick crust. I loved this cheesecake, and the coconut flavour + the mango topping just took it over the top for me!
This was also my first no-bake cheesecake AND the easiest cheesecake I have ever made! The ingredients are so simple, and the cheese substitute is cashews soaked in water which create such an amazing texture when blended! Fresh mangoes are my preference, but if you can’t get those, you can always thaw frozen mangoes. I loved the contrast between the mango and the rest of the cheesecake.
No-Bake Cheesecake for the Win!
I genuinely see why people make no bake cheesecakes now! They are SO easy to make and without all the unnecessary fuss. I would just let you know to be wary of the melting factor, which honestly happened after an hour and a half of sitting out *effects of a food blogger on crutches!!* and once I put this back into the freezer it was perfectly fine again.
My brother has already let me know that three slices belong to him, and part of me wants to make Mr. Bakes taste it, but the other part is feeling very selfish.
How are you planning to celebrate Cheesecake Day? Whatever you do, ensure that you try my recipe or one of the many recipes down below!
CHEESECAKE DAY RECIPES
- Blackberry Goat Cheese Cheesecake from Baking a Moment
- Blueberry Ricotta Cream Cheesecake from Hungry Couple
- Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake from Wishes and Dishes
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cheesecake from Savvy Eats
- Coconut Cheesecake with Macadamia Crust from All Day I Dream About Food
- Hawaiian Chantilly Layer Cheesecake from Wallflour Girl
- Hawaiian Mini Cheesecakes from Pint Sized Baker
- Key Lime Pie Cheesecake from Love and Confections
- Lemon Cheesecake from Shugary Sweets
- Lemon Ginger Panna Cotta Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce from Girl Versus Dough
- Lightened Up Apricot-Swirl Cheesecake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Lilikoi Cheesecake with Macadamia Nut Shortbread Crust from Dieter’s Downfall
- Mango Cheesecake (vegan) from Jessiker Bakes
- Mini cheesecakes with a toasted coconut crust (gluten free) from Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
- Mini Mascarpone Cheesecakes with Strawberry Balsamic Topping from Boulder Locavore
- Mom’s Cheesecake from Magnolia Days
- New York Style Cheesecake from URBAN BAKES
- Oreo Cheesecake (vegan) from Namely Marly
- Oreo Ripple Cheesecake from Overtime Cook
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutella Ganache Topping from The Redhead Baker
- Pear cheesecake with gingersnap crust from Roxana’s Home Baking
- Pumpkin Cheesecake from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Rainbow Cheesecake from In Katrina’s Kitchen
- Raspberry Cheesecake with Oreo Crust from Hip Foodie Mom
- Ricotta Cheesecake from French Press
- Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- S’mores Cheesecake from The Gunny Sack
- Snickers Cheesecake from Life, Love and Sugar
- Sugar Cookie Cheesecake from Munchkin Munchies
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake from Wine & Glue
- Very Berry Cheesecake with Chocolate Oreo Crust from JavaCupcake
- White Chocolate Cheesecake with Macadamia Nuts and Caramel from Taste and Tell
- White Chocolate Frangelico Cheesecake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake from Will Cook For Smiles
No Bake Cheesecakes:
- Butter Pecan Caramel No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes from Simply Southern Baking
- Cherry and Pistachio No Bake Cheesecake with Animal Cracker Crust from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Mini No Bake Lime Cheesecakes from Miss in the Kitchen
- Neapolitan No Bake Cheesecake from Grandbaby Cakes
- No-Bake Berry Cheesecake from Food Lust People Love
- No Bake Blackberry Cheesecake from You Made That?
- No Bake Dulce de Leche Cheesecake with Caramelized Peaches from The Food Charlatan
- No-Bake Limoncello Cheesecake from Cake Duchess
- No Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake from White Lights on Wednesday
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Indulgent Cheesecake Beverages:
- Black Raspberry Cheesecake Milkshake from Blahnik Baker
- Caramel Cheesecake Martini from Happy Food, Healthy Life
Creamy Cheesecake Cookies and Bars:
- Caramel Overload Cheesecake Bars from Crumbs and Chaos
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life
- Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake Cookies from Lemons for Lulu
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars from Chez CateyLou
- Healthier Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Bars from Texanerin Baking
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars from Cooking In Stilettos
- No Bake Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars from Beyond Frosting
- No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars from Garnish with Lemon
- Strawberry Chocolate Ganache Cheesecake Bars from A Kitchen Addiction
Cheesecake Desserts and Treats:
- Banana Foster No Bake Cheesecake Shooters from Mind Over Batter
- Chocolate Nutella Cheesecake Cake from gotta get baked
- Key Lime Trifles from Hoosier Homemade
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pots from Barbara Bakes
- Triple Brigadeiro Cheesecake Tart from From Brazil To You
Frozen Cheesecakes and Treats:
- Blackberry Cheesecake Popsicles from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Ice Cream from Chocolate Moosey
- Frozen PB&C Cheesecake from Noshing With The Nolands
- Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutter Butter Crust from Crazy for Crust
Vegan Mango Coconut Cheesecake
- 1 cup pitted dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes then drained
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts, you can substitute with almonds or walnuts
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight, or in hot water for one hour, drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup solid (aka hardened) coconut oil + 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup coconut cream from the coconut milk + 2 tablespoons, placed in the refrigerator from overnight (see notes below)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup + 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup fresh sweet (non-stringy) mango slices, or frozen mango cubes, thawed fully
- Blend the nuts in a food processor until it starts to turn into a meal consistency. Add the warm dates and pulse until blended together, scraping down with a spatula every now and then. The dates and nuts should mix together and be slightly sticky.
- Press the crust into a 6 inch cheesecake pan (I used a mug to press it evenly).
- Mix all the filling ingredients together in your blender (I would recommend something powerful such as a NutriBullet or VitaMIx or Ninja). Remove and use spatula to scrape down anything that wasn't blended. Blend again for one minute or until the cheesecake is smooth (not grainy at all). Ensure to taste it! You can add a bit more maple syrup if you want it sweeter.
- Pour filling over crust and smooth down. I used a 7” inch cheesecake pan for this recipe. If you want to double it, you can use a 9" or a 10" cheesecake pan.
- Place in the freezer overnight. If using the mango topping, place for about 30 minutes, then add the mango topping, then overnight.
- Puree mango in a blender and spoon on top of cheesecake.
- Freeze overnight. Remove from freezer when set and allow to thaw for about 15 to 20 minutes. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Although jessicainthekitchen.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Jessicainthekitchen.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.