Posted by Jessicahttps://jessicainthekitchen.com/vegan-creamy-chocolate-avocado-ice-cream/
© 2014 Jessica In The Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Vegan Creamy Chocolate-Avocado Ice Cream
oz / 380 g can full fat coconut milk
oz / 127 g avocado, peeled and pitted
cup unsweetened cocoa powder
cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Tablespoon vanilla extract
Vegan hot fudge, for drizzling
Vegan Sprinkles, for sprinkling on top
- Add the avocado and coconut milk to a food processor/blender and pulse together.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend in for about 2 minutes until smooth and incorporated, scraping down the bowl once.
Ice Cream Machine
- Place all ice cream base into a freezer-safe container in the refrigerator for 2 hours to set up before freezing.
- Freeze the ice cream according to the manufacturer's instructions for your machine.
- Place all ice cream base into a freezer-safe container and place in the freezer and allow to freeze for 1 hour.
- Whisk slightly every 20 minutes to avoid it getting too icy for 3-4 hours. It should be getting thicker after each whisking, until it's firm enough to scoop.
- To eat: serve immediately or when you are ready for it (after it's been in the freezer), thaw for 5-10 minutes and scoop with an ice cream scoop.
- You can optionally add hot fudge and sprinkles on top.
- This recipe is vegan and gluten free.
- HOW TO STORE
Store this ice cream in a freeze safe container. For the best taste and texture it is advised that you store it no longer than 2 weeks.