Posted by Jessicahttps://jessicainthekitchen.com/vegan-banana-bread-gluten-free/
© 2017 Jessica In The Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Vegan Banana Bread (Gluten Free)
(284g) Gluten Free Baking Flour Mix (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
flax eggs or egg replacer (I used Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer)
(175g) coconut sugar
bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
vegan coconut or plain yogurt
mashed bananas (very ripe bananas - black skin if possible)
oats and chopped pecans, for topping (optional)
Optional: chocolate chips or nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Flour and butter/prepare your 9 x 5 banana bread pan. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, sift the gluten free flour mix, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt and whisk to combine.
- In a mixer attachment bowl, add the flax eggs/egg replacer, sugar and coconut oil. Mix together for about 2 minutes on medium-low speed.
- Scrape the vanilla bean and add to the mixture. Add the vegan yogurt and the mashed bananas and mix everything together for 2 more minutes on medium low speed, scraping down the sides and bottom to ensure everything is combined.
- Add in ½ of the dry ingredients mixture, combine for 30 seconds, and then add in the rest of the dry ingredients mixture. Mix again for another 30 seconds, ensuring everything is combined.
- Remove bowl from mixer and, IF adding, fold in the chocolate chips and chopped nuts into the batter until evenly distributed. The batter should be very thick.
- Add the batter to the banana bread pan and use your spatula to smooth down the top. Sprinkle some oats and chopped pecans on top.
- Bake the banana bread on the top shelf of your oven for 60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs. You don't want it to come out clean, so watch your banana bread from about 50 minutes depending on your oven.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan. Transfer the bread to a wire rack by placing the wire rack on top of the bread, then holding the sides of the pan and flipping it over and removing the pan. Hold the sides of the bread to turn right side up. You can also turn the pan over into your hand, and then flip right side up and place on a wire rack.
- Allow the bread to cool completely. Slice as desired. Enjoy!
TO MAKE BANANA BREAD MUFFINS: Make the batter, and pour into a prepared muffin dish. Bake for about 20-23 minutes.
HOW TO STORE BANANA BREAD: After your banana bread has cooled completely, wrap in saran wrap. Place in a plastic zipped bag (remove the air) and store for up to 1 week on your container. Do not place in the fridge as they may dry it out.
HOW TO FREEZE BANANA BREAD: If freezing, store as above, and then place in the freezer. Remove from the freezer when needed and thaw on the counter.