Okay, so this is a super late Thursday Things but it needs to be done, right? Some of you have really expressed interest in my ramblings (thank you for loving me the crazy way I am).
1. Valentine’s Day was so lovely! We spent it in Portland which I have officially dubbed my favourite parish in Jamaica. Going to the beach and local jerk places like Boston Jerk as well as just simply exploring more of the town was great. I told you earlier this week about my gift to Mr. Jessiker Bakes, and we also went to dinner at Trident, which is probably the fanciest hotel I have ever been to in Jamaica…and surpasses a lot of the 5 star hotels I have stayed it! Took an extra look around, because, you never know..!
2. Apart from all the other lovely things I ate that weekend in Portland, I had an amazing tomato and spicy pumpkin soup (pictured above) at Trident. As in, to die for. As in, I need to know how to make it, including that cool squiggly line in the middle. BTW, they are completed separated. Like, on either side. How awesome is that? No really. I could’ve had all tomato, then all pumpkin. I miss you soup.
3. This week, though, has been pretty, well, horrible. Wow. I’m being honest with you guys! School has been really hard and I have had a migraine every day. Worse of all, I can’t even fix my problems with sweets because somehow I have lost all my cravings for them. What am I to do?! Hopefully Suits tonight will cheer me up.
4. Speaking of Suits, I am so behind with Suits. I missed last week’s episode because of Portland but I’m hoping to catch it tonight before the new one. I’m sure we get an update as to Rachel and her never ending battle to prove her dad wrong.
5. I’ve spent the past two weeks furniture shopping. SERIOUSLY, this is not easy, which taking measurements and checking back, and up and down…phew. Mr. Jessiker Bakes did a drawing of the family library to scale so it’s been a lot easier, and coming to an end very soon! Looking for the perfect sectional for the library for…yes…Super Bowl like parties. I mean, reading? Let’s be honest, all my books are on my iPad and Kindle so it’s really decoration right now. Sorry, double Harry Potter collection!
6. I’ve started to love some of these inspirational blogs, like Amanda Genther‘s and Alexandra Franzen‘s own. If you’re having a bad day they will cheer you up! Trust me, it’s helped me several times…all you need is to be reminded of how awesome you are.