Posted by Jessicahttps://jessicainthekitchen.com/pesto-zucchini-noodles-burst-cherry-tomatoes/
© 2016 Jessica In The Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Pesto Zucchini Noodles with Burst Cherry Tomatoes
Creamy Cashew Pea Pesto
ground sea salt & ground black pepper to taste
cup small cherry tomatoes*
tablespoon coconut oil
vegan parmesan cheese, to garnish
- Spiralize your zucchinis and then wrap in paper towels or a light kitchen dish cloth. Pat to soak up the excess water from the noodles.
- In a pan over medium high heat, add ¾ tablespoon of the coconut oil and heat. Add the zucchini noodles and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes until still slightly crunchy but tender. Remove from the pan and place in a bowl, but don't remove the pan from the heat.
- Add in the last teaspoon of coconut oil, and add the cherry tomatoes and toss in the coconut oil to coat. Heat through for about 2 minutes until the tomatoes are heated, and slightly burst. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Add a few tablespoons (to your liking, I added about 3-4 tablespoons) of the cashew pea pesto and toss lightly together to combine. Add the tomatoes to the mixture and combine. Serve with some vegan parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. Enjoy!
- This recipe is vegan gluten free. The prep time includes making the pesto. *If you're using slightly larger cherry tomatoes, cut them in half before heating.
- HOW TO STORE
- You can store these noodles in a tupperware container in the fridge for 2-3 days. They taste best fresh but can be stored and eaten for lunch the next day. Simply reheat in the microwave to serve.
- I wouldn't recommend freezing these noodles since the thawing process may affect the texture of the noodles. You can make the pesto and freeze ahead of time by storing in a freezer safe container for up to a month.