Posted by Jessicahttps://jessicainthekitchen.com/parsley-pesto-recipe/
© 2014 Jessica In The Kitchen. All rights reserved.
This parsley pesto not only offers a gorgeous colour perfect for spring but is fresh, flavourful, and only takes 7 minutes to make.
cups parsley, stemmed and washed
cup pine nuts
cup + 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon pepper, adjust to taste
- Add the parsley, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, garlic, coarse salt and two tablespoons of olive oil into a food processor.
- Blend the ingredients together in 5 second intervals until blended together, about 30 seconds. Scrape down the bowl with a spatula
- Add the rest of the olive oil and the salt and pepper. Blend everything together until smooth, but there is a slight texture left (if you prefer - else blend until completely smooth), about 1 minute.
- Scrape down the bowl again ensuring everything is being incorporated.
- You may want to add more cheese, olive oil or seasoning to appeal to your palette.
- Spoon the pesto into a bowl and serve on crackers, bread, sandwiches, pizza, or other varieties.