Whew! Today is quite a day as I have some big news to reveal, it’s a little bit scary for me, but I’m hoping you’ll all receive it well! Before I get into it, today is Jamaica’s Independence Day so Happy Independence Jamaica! *inserts beautiful calming fireworks*
Hmm, that didn’t make me feel any less nervous.
Jessiker Bakes is getting a COMPLETE MAKEOVER. Yes,
If you go there now, all you’ll see is an old version of this current blog, but it’s been redesigned completely including an all new logo. So, I hope you’re as excited as me, and nowhere as nervous, and you may be wondering –
For a while now, Jessiker Bakes has no longer been about cakes and treats for quite a while, and some of you know that I used to own a baking business that I stopped last year September due to me being only one human being and finishing law school & focusing on my health was a lot more important! You can see more in this blog post.
To be honest, when I started back blogging late last year, after a month I said “this name no longer fits my site” then in January I said “Jessiker Bakes does not fit this blog in any way” and then a few months later I was watching Minimalist’s Baker’s food blogging course on Fizzle and I got hit with a bomb – I had to change my blog name if I was serious about that, which I am. I had to change it to something that represents a food blog that is 90% savoury, vegetarian meals, and 10% desserts, not the other way around. Jessica in the Kitchen came after a series of choices, and Mr. Bakes and I felt that it represented what this blog does. The tagline “Pulled from the earth, Hot from the oven, Straight from the heart.” represents the fact that I’m a vegetarian and I’ve been investing a lot into the food I put into my body and on my blog for you to ensure that it’s good, healthy food produced from my kitchen all with good intentions from my heart.
For the first time in a long time, I know when I write my new post on Jessica in the Kitchen, everything will feel complete. I will thank her a whole lot more later, but my designer Julie from Deluxe Designs was amazing in creating a site that embodied everything I wanted it to be, and was very good in catering to my type-A personality and 10 zillion emails a day. Literally, back to back with ideas. Oops. Thank you Julie! I don’t want to get to the point of rambling before telling you some of the new changes that are coming, but I also want to thank some of my blogging friends, Zainab and Jocelyn, and some of my close friends, my brother & my Mom who all had to go through the logo changes survey, and of course Mr. Bakes who has been there through everything! Thank you to Julie, (not my designer) for answering a million questions and calming my nerves!!
WOW I can talk a lot.
1) The Recipe Index will be organised a lot easier so you don’t have to go through every category just to reach for example “Vegan” at the bottom. Also, current categories and tags will be redone to fit the blog even better.
2) This has been happening already, but all recipes from here on out will be vegetarian or vegan and healthy, good for you recipes!
3) New categories on the sidebar will be added for easier navigation, and because I get the most requests for these categories:
4) There’ll be a section called “New? Start Here” that will even benefit previous readers as it will highlight Jessica in the Kitchen’s most popular recipes, and many new resource guides.
5) A lot of new resources will be added to help with actual cooking and baking, not just the two that are there now that help with blogging or photography.
I want everything else to be a surprise! If you come onto Jessiker Bakes and it redirects to Jessica in the Kitchen, you’ll know it’s all set!
I may or may not be adding new posts for the rest of this week depending on how the transition works, which should be anywhere between Friday and next week. If not, see you over at the new site!
Send this to a friend