HELLO September!! So, some great news – Jessica in the Kitchen is on Ziplist! It’s been a really busy month trying to sort everything with the blog move, so September 1 seemed like the best day to announce it. You may be like “YES finally! Ziplist!” or “What’s Ziplist?” Either way, I’m going to do a full run through of it with tons of pretty, helpful photos, and you’re going to love it!
Ziplist is a pretty convenient and helpful shopping tool that helps you add the ingredients for any recipe from Jessica in the Kitchen to your shopping list with one click of that button “save recipe”. I actually use it myself and it’s quite the handy personal shopping assistant when you’re doing your grocery shopping. Cue standing in a supermarket aisle, completely confused having lost your written list and being able to whip out your iPhone with the nifty app! (more on the app later).
Here’s how you use it!:
1) First, I’ve pointed out where your Recipe Box will be located on Jessica in the Kitchen. All your recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans will be located in there so if you save a recipe from my site, it will go there! PS: If you are new to Ziplist – that’s totally fine. You can easily log in with your Facebook account, or if you prefer, you can create your own user name and password as well.
And this is what the inside of your Recipe Box would like look by the way:
2) To Save the Recipe to the Recipe Box, just click the “Save” button on the recipe in the post(right above the print button).
3) After clicking on the ‘Save’ button a new window will open that looks like this, confirming your save.
4) Now when you go to your recipe box you can see the saved recipe with all the ingredients in your personalised recipe box on Ziplist. To add it to your grocery list, just select the ingredients you want to click on ‘Add to List’ (above) or scroll over the picture and click ‘Add to List’ then choose which ingredients you want to add (or just add all).
5) Voila! You’ve added the ingredients you need and you can even add custom ingredients. Once your shopping list is complete, you have the option to print or share.
So, I said I would go more into the App. I use Ziplist’s free mobile app all the time (no, really, I do). It synchronises with your web list and is super easy to use. I love that you can tick off the ingredients so you your supermarket shopping goes perfectly. This would prove particularly helpful if you have a screaming child at your leg, right?! P.S. You can even save from the mobile app – it’s kind of perfect. I’m an app girl, and I love when one works.
SO! Here are Jessica in the Kitchen’s top 5 recipes (based on you) so you can go ahead, join Ziplist and click “save”! P.S. The Quinoa Burgers are my personal favourite. Enjoy using Ziplist – I know I do!