Posted by Jessicahttps://jessicainthekitchen.com/grilled-peach-basil-goat-cheese-pizza/
© 2017 Jessica In The Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Grilled Peach, Basil and Goat Cheese Pizza
grilled/roasted peaches , pitted and sliced
cup chopped basil
pizza dough, homemade or store-bought + olive oil to brush (gluten free if necessary)
oz / 113 g goat cheese
Balsamic Reduction Sauce
cup balsamic vinegar
tablespoons coconut sugar
teaspoon fine sea salt
teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat up your grill to high heat. If you have a coal grill, set it so that your pizza is over the direct heat. I make that in the centre of the grill. You can grill your peaches from beforehand, or right before.
- Have all your toppings on a table beside the grill for when you're ready to use them.
- Flour a clean working surface lightly and roll out or stretch the pizza dough with your hands to about a 12-inch circle (or as thick or thin as you desire, just ensure it is even throughout). Don't do a rimmed crust since it will give difficulties while cooking on the grill.
- Brush one side of the dough with olive oil.
- When the grill is heated, place the olive oil brushed side down onto the grill. Cook for about 2-4 minutes until grill marks appear and dough begins to cook. Your dough may begin to get air pockets on the top side of the pizza. Check after it's been on for 2 minutes to ensure the crust doesn't burn.
- When you're ready to flip the dough, ensure all your ingredients are ready. Flip the dough and begin arrange the ingredients quickly on the pizza. Close the grill and allow to cook through for about 3 to 5 minutes, checking periodically for doneness and to ensure the crust doesn't burn. If it begins to burn, move to an indirect part of the grill so that it can continue to cook. Check to ensure the dough is completely cooked and remove and slice accordingly.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction. Allow to cool slightly, then slice and enjoy!
- In a pot over medium high heat, heat all the ingredients and stir. Watch carefully - the glaze should begin to thicken after 5 minutes and you want it thick enough to stick to the back of a spoon, but not to thicken into a glob. It becomes very thick very quickly so watch carefully.
- Once glaze has thickened, remove from heat.
This recipe is vegetarian.
1.TO MAKE GLUTEN FREE AND VEGAN
You can use a gluten free pizza crust, and use this vegan cheese recipe instead of goat cheese.
2.HOW TO STORE
You can store this pizza in foil or in an air-tight tupperware container in the fridge after it's cooled down. I like to reheat it in my toaster oven for ease and to maintain it's crispiness. You can also reheat in your oven at 350 ° F/ 175° C until it's heated back through.