Posted by Jessicahttps://jessicainthekitchen.com/beet-hummus/
© 2017 Jessica In The Kitchen. All rights reserved.
medium roasted beet, chopped
cups cooked and drained chickpeas
tablespoon lime juice
tablespoons olive oil
teaspoon sea salt
teaspoon ground black pepper
- Blend the beets and chickpeas together in a food processor until slightly combined, about 15 seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in and blend until all the ingredients are incorporated and smooth, about 30 seconds to 1 minute or longer depending on your food processor. Taste and adjust any ingredients based on your taste. Enjoy!
- This recipe is naturally gluten free and vegan.
- HOW TO STORE BEET HUMMUS You can store the beet hummus in a saran-wrapped bowl in the fridge or in an air-tight tupperware container. It should last up to at least a week in your fridge.
- I would not recommend freezing this hummus as it tastes best fresh. You can freeze the roasted beets prior to use and then thaw on the container until it is at room temperature before preparing the hummus.