Posted by Jessicahttp://jessicainthekitchen.com/vegan-stuffed-mushrooms-coconut-bacon/
© 2016 Jessica In The Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Stuffed Mushrooms with Coconut Bacon (Vegan)
baby bella mushrooms, cleaned, stems cut off and finely chopped (KEEP stems)
tablespoon coconut oil + 1 tsp to brush mushroom caps
cloves garlic, minced
small (about two tablespoons) onion, finely diced
tablespoons parsley, chopped
tablespoons crushed and finely diced pecans/walnuts
tablespoons vegetable broth
tablespoons vegan mozzarella
Vegan Parmesan cheese and crushed nuts, for topping
Coconut bacon for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a pan over medium high heat, add the ½ tablespoon coconut oil.
- When hot, add the mushrooms stems, garlic cloves, onions, parsley, diced pecans/walnuts and the vegetable broth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to cook down for about 10 minutes, until stems and onions are much softer. Remove from stove and add in the vegan mozzarella shreds. Stir to combine and to get cheese melted. The mixture should be combined.
- Place the mushroom caps with the bottoms (the open side) face up, and lightly brush each with the rest of the coconut oil.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with some of the mixture. This will change depending on the size of your mushroom caps. Divide equally throughout the mushroom caps.
- Top the mixture with some crushed nuts and vegan parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese begins to bubble slightly and the mushrooms are puffy.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Enjoy!
This recipe is vegan and gluten free.
HOW TO STORE
These mushrooms can be stored in an airtight tupperware container in the fridge and reheated in the oven or microwave.