These Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms with Coconut Bacon are an easy, tried and true delicious side dish! It’s vegan, gluten free and a healthier alternative to traditional stuffed mushrooms.
I’m either really late for Canadian Thanksgiving, or early enough for American Thanksgiving. Either way, these are the vegan stuffed mushrooms that need to be on your table this coming Thanksgiving, or any upcoming party you’re having. Meet a stuffed mushroom with all the flavours of a tradition, cream cheese stuffed one, except vegan and a whole lot healthier.
These vegan stuffed mushrooms were love at first bite. I’m a bit of a mushroom fanatic, and cooking them in garlic is one of my favourite ways to enjoy them. I’ve had stuffed mushrooms only once before, but after making these I’ll definitely be making them more often.
These mushrooms are actually pretty filling for an appetiser or side dish. The filling – garlic, parsley, mushroom stems, vegan cheese and crushed nuts is a great, soft and delicious filling for these mushrooms. Topped with divine coconut bacon, you’ll be popping these endlessly into your mouth.
I love that these vegan stuffed mushrooms are not only easy to make, but perfect for large batch events. You only have ten minutes of active time and the oven basically does the rest.
P.S. feel free to add even more vegan parmesan cheese or mozzarella shreds into the mixture. I wanted to keep mine as low cal/carb as possible. These mushrooms are extremely customisable!
P.S. Here are some of the items I used to make this recipe if you’d like to use them too:
| WHAT YOU’LL NEED // SHOP MY FAVORITE INGREDIENTS & PREP PRODUCTS |
Stuffed Mushrooms with Coconut Bacon (Vegan)
- 18 baby bella mushrooms, cleaned, stems cut off and finely chopped (KEEP stems)
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil + 1 tsp to brush mushroom caps
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 small (about two tablespoons) onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons crushed and finely diced pecans/walnuts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons vegan mozzarella
- Vegan Parmesan cheese and crushed nuts, for topping
- Coconut bacon for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a pan over medium high heat, add the ½ tablespoon coconut oil.
- When hot, add the mushrooms stems, garlic cloves, onions, parsley, diced pecans/walnuts and the vegetable broth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to cook down for about 10 minutes, until stems and onions are much softer. Remove from stove and add in the vegan mozzarella shreds. Stir to combine and to get cheese melted. The mixture should be combined.
- Place the mushroom caps with the bottoms (the open side) face up, and lightly brush each with the rest of the coconut oil.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with some of the mixture. This will change depending on the size of your mushroom caps. Divide equally throughout the mushroom caps.
- Top the mixture with some crushed nuts and vegan parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese begins to bubble slightly and the mushrooms are puffy.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Enjoy!
Recipe NotesThis recipe is vegan and gluten free.
HOW TO STORE
These mushrooms can be stored in an airtight tupperware container in the fridge and reheated in the oven or microwave.
If you try these Stuffed Mushrooms with Coconut Bacon please let me know in the comment section below, or tag me on instagram with the hashtag #jessicainthekitchen! For more exclusive recipes follow me on Instagram AND on Snapchat: jessinkitchen.