Posted by Jessicahttp://jessicainthekitchen.com/vegan-quinoa-cauliflower-burgers-recipe/
© 2016 Jessica In The Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Vegan Quinoa Cauliflower Burgers
cauliflower, roasted at 425 degrees
cup cooked quinoa
flax eggs - Learn how to make a flax egg or see notes*
cup old-fashioned or rolled oats
teaspoons Real Salt Garlic Salt
cup chopped parsley
teaspoon ground black pepper
tablespoon coconut oil, for pan frying
Kale Cabbage Slaw and Chipotle Crema for burger toppings and sauce
- Chop the florets off of the cauliflower, drizzle lightly with coconut oil and roast at 450 ° F/ 230° C. on a lined baking sheet for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- In a food processor, add all of the burger ingredients. Pulse together until combined and it begins to come together, not too much to make it mushy, about 10 to 30 seconds. Add more Garlic Salt and black pepper to taste if necessary.
- Form into 5 regular patties, or ten slider patties if you desire.
- In a pan over medium heat, add the coconut oil.
- Add the burgers, as much as can fit in the pan without overcrowding, and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes. Flip and cook again for another 4 to 5 minutes, ensuring the burgers and cooked all the way through.
- Remove from heat and serve Serve as you desire, in a burger form or in a lettuce wrap. We added Kale Cabbage Slaw, Chipotle Crema and vegan burger buns. Enjoy!
- These burgers are vegan and gluten free. This recipe is vegan. Flax meal is ground up flax seeds. You can buy flax meal or you can ground flax seeds up in a coffee grinder or NutriBullet. Measure the tablespoon after the flax is ground up.
- HOW TO STORE Store in an airtight tupperware container in the fridge with wax paper separating each burger. You can also freeze the burgers by freezing them flat on a baking sheet for 2 hours, then storing in a freezer safe zipped bag with wax paper separating them. Thaw these burgers in an oven at 350 ° F/ 175° C until fully cooked through, or in a pan over medium heat until fully heated through, for about 10 minutes.