These Vegan Peanut Butter Cups are a healthier, homemade version of your favourite store-bought peanut butter cups! They are just as divine, and are gluten free and vegan!
Best news ever: Your favourite peanut butter cups are now in a healthy, very addictive, homemade version. Yes, believe it, these Vegan Peanut Butter Cups are about to be you new favourite to go fridge/freezer snack.
If you didn’t know before, I’m a complete peanut butter addict. Proof of this is the not 1, but 3 jars currently sitting in my pantry. It’s truly a life necessity for me.
Peanut butter seems to go with pretty much everything on earth. Mix it into your oatmeal, your Peanut Butter Energy Bites, your pancakes, and pretty much everything else. Somewhere else it fits perfectly? These Vegan Peanut Butter Cups.
I’ve eaten almost all of these by now. Fact. After all, who can resist the combination of peanut butter and chocolate?? They are so easy to make (SO easy), and are no bake. That’s definitely my favourite part. It’s as simple as melt, mix, and refrigerate. I like to pop mine in the freezer once they are finished to force myself not to eat them all at once, and because they last even longer in there.
They are perfect for your dietary needs to: vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free. If you’d like, you can add a little sweetener to your natural peanut butter. I add a touch of maple syrup or agave and just stir it in before dolloping it into the cups. This isn’t necessary though, since the chocolate is already sweet.
Do me a favour and ensure you enjoy these completely. They are such a great holiday treat and are so easy for house parties. I would make a whole lot because I guarantee, they are so good you won’t be able to keep your hands off them.
P.S. Here are some of the items I used to make this recipe if you’d like to use them too:
| WHAT YOU’LL NEED // SHOP MY FAVORITE INGREDIENTS & PREP PRODUCTS |
Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 cup Chocolate chips, melted + 1 tablespoon coconut oil to slightly thin out
- 1/4 cup Natural Peanut butter (add a little maple syrup to sweeten if necessary)
- Line a mini muffin tin with 12 mini cupcake/muffin liners.
- Spoon a little bit of melted chocolate into each of the muffin liners, spreading a thin layer up the edges of the liners. This will ensure the peanut butter is encased in the chocolate.
- Put in the fridge for about 5 minutes to set slightly.
- Remove from fridge and divide the peanut butter equally throughout the 12 liners. Dollop a little bit over the chocolate into the middle of it.
- Top each liner with the remaining chocolate to cover. Top with a little sea salt if you desire.
- Set in the fridge for 30 more minutes to set.
- Remove and enjoy!
If you try this Vegan Peanut Butter Cups please let me know in the comment section below, or tag me on instagram with the hashtag #jessicainthekitchen! For more exclusive recipes follow me on Instagram AND on Snapchat: jessinkitchen.