These soft batch Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies are the best I have ever eaten! They are made in just one bowl, are deliciously soft, slightly chewy and loaded with chocolate in every bite!
Welcome to the best vegan chocolate chip cookies I have ever tasted. Yes, I say that loud and proud. If you know me, you know that this is not a claim I make lightly.
These cookies are the kind that are so easy to make, you’ll wonder why you don’t make them every weekend. They are the perfect soft batch cookies with just the right amount of chewiness. Best part? Way healthier than regular cookies so let’s TOAST to that with about 3 or 4, yeah?
Let’s talk about chocolate chip cookies in general for a second. There are the thin and crispy cookies, soft and chewy, and big fat thick and fluffy ones. I love all of them, to be honest. But I definitely love these soft and chewy ones the most. Every bite is loaded with yummy warm chocolate chips and taste just like the kind you get at a bakery.
You can’t beat that, now can you?
Now let’s talk divine ingredients. These cookies are made with gluten free oats, coconut oil, pumpkin puree and delicious spices. It’s kind of insane how healthy these ingredients are, actually. You don’t taste the pumpkin at all. It’s only purpose is to replace eggs and to add to the chewiness. The oats are grind up and also contribute to the softness and chewiness of these cookies. The spices of course ups the divine flavour of these cookies.
The coconut oil now, is definitely my favourite substitute ingredient. It replaces butter perfectly in it’s solid form. You honestly would never know these cookies were made without butter!
Promise me you’ll definitely try these vegan chocolate chip cookies this month. You will not regret it. In order not to devour the two batches I made over the holidays, we played Mr. and Mrs. Claus and gave these out to friends and family. Just remember to keep a few at home – I won’t tell anyone. Promise.
P.S. Here are some of the items I used to make this recipe if you’d like to use them too:
| WHAT YOU’LL NEED // SHOP MY FAVORITE INGREDIENTS & PREP PRODUCTS |
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free)
- 1/2 cup solid coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar or organic cane sugar
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, add the coconut oil and the sugar. With a standing mixer or a hand mix, until thoroughly incorporated, about 5 minutes.
- Add the oat flour, xantham gum, baking powder and baking soda, pumpkin spice, cinnamon and sea salt into the mix. Blend for about 1 minute. Add the vanilla extract and the pumpkin purée. Blend until thoroughly incorporated, scraping down sides, for about 3 minutes. Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Form dough into a large ball or two smaller balls and cover with Saran wrap. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set up.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove Saran Wrap and scoop 2 tablespoons out of the dough. Roll slightly between fingers to form a ball. Place out dough ball on a lined cookie sheet, leaving adequate space between each. Ensure the dough balls are higher rather than wider to ensure they stay as thick as possible. Use more than one cookie sheet if necessary. Place back in fridge for 10 minutes to ensure dough is very cold. Bake for 12-15 minutes; 15 will still be soft but slightly firmer.
- Remove and let cool for exactly 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!!
- This recipe is vegan and gluten free.
- IF USING REGULAR FLOUR
You can make these cookies using regular unrefined all purpose flour. Just swap it equally for the oat flour and do not add the xanthan gum.
If you try these Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free) please let me know in the comment section below, or tag me on instagram with the hashtag #jessicainthekitchen! For more exclusive recipes follow me on Instagram AND on Snapchat: jessinkitchen.
MORE VEGAN DESSERT RECIPES