These Skinny Baked Broccoli Mac and Cheese Cups will be love at first bite! They’re delicious, very kid friendly and take only 20 minutes of prep!
When I made these baked mac and cheese cups back in 2013, they were an immediate hit! The Mr., then boyfriend, and my family and I dove right in because well, who doesn’t love individually portioned mac and cheese? I wanted to recreate these minus that really heavy ingredient list (hello cream cheese!), so welcome these skinny baked broccoli mac and cheese cups!
For as long as I could remember, baked mac and cheese was the only mac and cheese I would have. For some reason stovetop mac and cheese never ever resonated with me, but put a plate of baked cheesy mac and I’ll dive right in.
I’ve made so many different versions that I love, and this one is definitely being added to my love list.
These healthy baked broccoli mac and cheese cups are the right portion size, are so cheesy and so good that you will not miss those extra calories. The greek yogurt helps to really lighten it up while keeping it nice and creamy, and the additional broccoli gives it a great, filling and meaty texture.
I tried this with less cheese, and friends, it just wasn’t mac and cheese. So I opted for 1 ¾ cup cheese being the absolute lowest I would go. Definitely worth it, because hot out of the pan the Mr. reached for one and voted these just as great as their high calorie cousin.
Put these on your to-make list, and soon.
P.S. Here are some of the items I used to make this recipe if you’d like to use them too:
| WHAT YOU’LL NEED // SHOP MY FAVORITE INGREDIENTS & PREP PRODUCTS |
Skinny Baked Broccoli Mac and Cheese
- 2 cups elbow pasta
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond or soy milk
- 1 3/4 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups broccoli florets, cooked and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasonings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook macaroni according to package instructions in a salted pot of boiling water, to al dente (slightly undercooked). You can also cook the broccoli while the pasta is cooking, until softened.
- Drain the pasta and immediately, in a large bowl add the greek yogurt and cheese until cheese is gooey and melted.
- Crack the two eggs into a separate bowl, scrambling them slightly, then adding it to the pasta cheese mixture. Add the milk and stir.
- Add seasoning of salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion and italian seasoning and continue to mix.
- Add Dijon mustard and broccoli.
- Divide the mixture among 15 cups of a greased muffin tin (I used one 12 and 3 from the other tin). Stuff into the cups, about 1/4 cup each.
- In a small bowl, stir together olive oil, bread crumbs and seasonings. Don't clump but instead mix until it is like lumpy sand. Sprinkle evenly over the macaroni and press down a bit.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and remove from tins. Enjoy! Let cool for at least five minutes before unfolding with a dinner knife around the edges.
WEIGHT WATCHERS SMART POINTS: 7
If you try these Skinny Baked Broccoli Mac and Cheese Cups please let me know in the comment section below, or tag me on instagram with the hashtag #jessicainthekitchen! For more exclusive recipes follow me on Instagram AND on Snapchat: jessinkitchen.