Bruschetta is my favourite appetizer in the world. If you’re a tomato lover and you haven’t tried bruschetta yet, you need to try it. Bruschetta originated from Italy, and is basically toasted bread that has been rubbed with garlic, butter and lightly salted topped with a blend of tomatoes, basil and mozzarella cheese. Sometimes it’s served cold, sometimes hot; I love both ways. What you’re essentially making to describe it differently, is garlic bread topped with delicious tomatoes and cheese.
To twist it a bit, I roasted my tomatoes first to produce an absolutely delicious home-made version of sun-dried tomatoes, resulting in Homemade Sundried Tomatoes Bruschetta. If you want me to do a separate blog post on that just let me know; it’s so easy and delicious.
Anyhow, then I blended them a bit before using them. I also added parsley, well, because I love parsley. Please! Fresh ingredients only. Needless to say, I ate every single serving as a meal; no judgments please! It’s appetizer portion *wink*
Homemade Sundried Tomatoes Bruschetta
- 1 french bread roll
- Fresh basil (fresh is always the best!)
- Fresh parsley
- 2 roasted tomatoes (recipe coming soon) or 4 halves
- Sprinkling of mozzarella
- 1 crushed and chopped garlic clove
- Prepare the roasted tomatoes first. If you aren't using roasted tomatoes, then just wash regular tomatoes and use those. Note: roasted tomatoes give a lot more flavour.
- Place tomato halves into a blender with fresh basil and parsley (leave some behind for garnish). Select "chop" or grind" and pulse in 1 second pulses for about 10 seconds.
- Preheat toaster oven to 400 Degrees F. Slice french roll into slices that are about 1/2 inch thick. Mix butter, a pinch of salt and crushed garlic together and rub and top bread with the mixture.
- Place slices with topping up on a tray and bake for about 5 minutes until lightly toasted.
- Remove slices and top with tomatoes. Add a sprinkling of mozzarella and parsley or basil for garnish. Serve and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this bruschetta you’ll also enjoy this Italian Lemon Chicken!
You’ll also love this Chicken Bruschetta Pasta Skillet!
How about this Italian-Styled Stuffed French Toast?!