Quinoa Fried Rice (VIDEO)
teaspoons coconut oil
cups cooked quinoa , made one day ahead of time
large carrot, shredded
cloves garlic, minced
cup frozen peas
tablespoon liquid aminos
tablespoons rice wine
tablespoons green onions, plus more for garnish
- In a pan over medium heat, add one teaspoon coconut oil. Add in the eggs and scramble slightly with a pinch of salt and pepper (optional), until barely cooked. Remove from pan into a bowl and set aside.
- Increase heat to high hat and add the other teaspoon of coconut oil and the cooked quinoa. Stir quinoa while sizzling until it begins to brown a bit, after a few minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and add in the carrots, garlic, frozen peas, liquid aminos and rice wine. Stir to combine, and allow to cook for about 8 minutes until carrots have softened and everything is combined.
- Add in the eggs and green onions, stir to combine, and remove from heat. Add more green onions for garnish if you desire.
- Serve immediately and enjoy! If not serving immediately, allow to cook then store in an air-tight tupperware container. Enjoy!
- This recipe is vegetarian and gluten free.
- TO MAKE VEGAN
- Use a vegan egg substitute or leave the eggs out. You can add pressed tofu instead and sear first to keep up the protein content of the recipe.
- HOW TO STORE
- You can store this quinoa fried rice once it has cooled completely in an airtight tupperware container in the fridge for 3 days. Alternatively, you can store it flat in a freezer-safe zipped bag. It should last a few weeks to even a month in the freezer.