Posted by Jessicahttp://jessicainthekitchen.com/quick-pickled-radishes/
© 2017 Jessica In The Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Quick Pickled Radishes
bunch radishes, sliced thinly preferably with a mandolin
cup white vinegar
tablespoons maple syrup
tablespoon peppercorns (I used mixed peppercorns)
- Prepare your radishes by washing them, slicing off the tops and wispy bottoms, and using a mandolin to slice very thin circles. You could also use a sharp chef's knife.
- Add the circles to a canning jar such as a Ball jar.
- In a small pan, add the vinegar, water maple syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring, then remove from heat.
- Let the mixture cool for a few minutes so that's it's no longer boiling hot, then pour the hot mixture over the radishes in the jar. Add the peppercorns and stir everything together with a fork or spoon.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before serving. They can be served immediately but taste much better after a day of the flavours marrying together in the fridge.
1) This recipe is naturally vegan and gluten free. 2) These pickles will last several weeks in the fridge. 3) You can add any other seasonings that you want including coriander, fennel or mustard seeds. Be creative!