MAGIC Crack Cake Batter Bars. Magic CRACK Cake Batter Bars. Magic Crack CAKE BATTER Bars. How is that healthy? It is though. These energy bars, which I am CONVINCED have CRACK in there (don’t ask me how they slipped in since I’m sure I kept my eyes on them the whole time I was making them) taste so good to me. SO GOOD.
AMAZING. I know, I sound like a stuttering blogger but I was so excited for snack time just so I could have my bar. At 140 calories per bar this snack/dessert is SO WORTH IT. …what? Oh yeah; sorry I started day-dreaming about them. What to know the best part? Yeah. NO BAKE. YOU DON’T HAVE TO TOUCH ANY OVEN BUTTON TO MAKE THIS. You have a fridge? You have a container? Good. That’s it.
P.S. Don’t do what I did and “tested half of one” before eating your actual one. Well, if you do I won’t tell anyone.
Magic Crack No Bake Cake Batter Energy Bars
- 1 cup rice crispies (brown or white, or certified gf) (30g)
- packed 1/2 cup oat flour (70g) (Or make your own by grinding rolled oats in the food processor until they turn into a fine powder. Measure after blending.)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp roasted cashew butter (see nutrition link below, for all substitution notes)
- 5 tbsp agave
- optional: a handful of sprinkles
- optional: replace up to half of the oat flour with your favorite protein powder
- Combine all dry ingredients and stir well. In a separate (large) bowl, combine wet and stir to form a thin paste. (If your cashew butter is cold, warm it a little for easier mixing.) Pour dry into wet (not the other way around), and stir until evenly coated. Line a baking dish or tupperware container with a large piece of wax paper and pour the mixture into the dish. Fold the extra paper over the mixture and squish down as hard as you possibly can! Use a heavy object to really press it down. (The mixture will fill a 7×5, or about 2/3 of an 8×8.) Stick in the fridge or freezer to harden before cutting into bars.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.